Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2000, 11:50 AM

Default GeeThree Stealth Serial Port

I bought a New G4 400MHz (Gigabit series) and a GeeThree Stealth Serial Port to connect the MTP, but I could'nt install phisically the card in the computer !
The GeeThree Stealth Serial Port Card is a litlle to big...

Is anybody have seen this problem ?

Thanks.

P.S. : Please excuse my english.
Old 11-16-2000, 01:22 PM

Default Re: GeeThree Stealth Serial Port

Thank U very much for your answer, I have bought the G4 AGP version of the GeeThree, I have been to the website of GeeThree and I only seen one model of card for G4 AGP...

The smaller card you're talking about is for G4 AGP ? or is it the G3/G4 PCI version ?

Thanks

Old 11-16-2000, 01:24 PM

Thank U very much for your answer, I have bought the G4 AGP version of the GeeThree, I have been to the website of GeeThree and I only seen one model of card for G4 AGP...

The smaller card you're talking about is for G4 AGP ? or is it the G3/G4 PCI version ?

Thanks

Old 11-16-2000, 04:50 PM

daish,
Im not really sure which is which. But, yes, one of the cards is smaller than the other.
Perhaps they just sent the wrong one?

This happend to a friend of mine recently.
He ordered the correct one..but was sent the wrong one which physically didn't fit.

I would suggest you look in the "support" section of the manufactures web site. You might find the information there.

If not, you might try checking the web site of a store that sells them to see if they list 2 different ones..and the part numbers for them.

I don't use the Stealth port (I have an older 8500), so I can't tell you first hand which is which. I have gotten 2 calls from friends using PT that had this very same issue...thats why I am familiar with it

Hope that helps

dcornutt
Old 11-16-2000, 04:54 PM

You must have received the "PCI" version. The AGP version is the same size for both single and dual processor. Send it back.
Old 11-17-2000, 12:38 AM

There are 2 versions of the card. One is smaller than the other. Check with the store you bought from and ensure you have the proper one. You probably don't. Make sure to give your machine specs.

dcornutt
Old 11-17-2000, 01:47 AM

I have the good version, I get an answer from GeeThree about the older model I got but for G4 AGP, if you are interested go to http://www.geethree.com/g4dpmod.html
and take your knife !

Thanks for the answers.