Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-20-2009, 10:59 AM

Default Amp Farm / Echo Farm Stop Passing Signal

On one of my PT HD 7.2 CS2 rigs running both Amp Farm 3.10 and Echo Farm 2.30, each will stop passing signal until re-instantiated. I have found a few references to this bug on other threads, but have been unable to find an documentation on a solution. I am assuming that this is a DSP mangler (oops, I mean DSP Manager) issue, but I can't not add plugs or change voicing after adding one of the plugs. Anyone have a solution?

THANKS!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Amp Farm / Echo Farm Stop Passing Signal

Sorry to say, it's a well know issue, and it's doubtful that anything will be done about it. From what I understand, these are more or less Line 6 products. They're on to other things and can't be bothered, and the Digi engineers most likely have bigger fish to fry. They've already stated somewhere that Ampfarm would no longer be supported and you could buy some clunky Line 6 widget at a discount. Or buy Eleven.

Just make it part of your mix routine to check all instances of these plugs. I put a note in the comments field... or print the tracks...
Old 11-23-2009, 01:29 PM

I just had this problem for the first time today. I think it only cropped up after I upgraded my computer to Mac Pro / Leopard and 7.4.2, because I never saw this issue under 7.4 and Tiger on my G5.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-tone View Post
I just had this problem for the first time today. I think it only cropped up after I upgraded my computer to Mac Pro / Leopard and 7.4.2, because I never saw this issue under 7.4 and Tiger on my G5.
Me too, but that was a year and a half ago...

Personally, I gave up keeping score with what got fixed and what got re-broken. I just find a work-around and keep going. Digi can't keep track of Digi, so I certainly cant. Most of these annoyances aren't deal-breakers for me (but the "midi placement with ADC" issue is pretty close).