Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-03-2006, 12:02 PM

Default Error occurred while trying to load the controller

Hi,

Honestly tried to find this before posting in on the board, but couldn't locate a thread about it.

I recently reformatted my computer, upgraded to XP service pack2 and Pro Tools LE 7 for Digi 007.
I was able to run Pro Tools with no problem. I then installed Antares AutoTune, Waves Gold Bundle and Xpand! Multi-Synthesis Sound Factory. When I tried to run Pro Tools again, I got this error message before PT could finish initializing:

ERROR OCCURRED WHILE TRYING TO LOAD THE CONTROLLER PERSONALITY "DIGI002".

When I click "ok", another message pops up behind the first one, but it's only up for a split-second before the entire PT window just closes, so I don't know what it says.

I uninstalled all the plugin bundles and uninstalled Pro Tools. After reinstalling Pro Tools LE 7, I still get the same message when I try to open the program.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Error occurred while trying to load the contro

Have you tried trashing your preferences?

Is Pro Tools installed on the system drive in it's standard location?

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 03-03-2006, 12:15 PM

What version of autotune?
What version of waves?

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Old 03-03-2006, 01:13 PM

Hi spkguitar,

How do I "trash" preferences?

As for the waves, it's version 4. I got it when I originally bought the Digi002 a few years ago. Although I can't be sure, I hope it's the original disc that came with the bundle and not some trial CD. I've received no "expires in 14 days" notice, so it may be the actual bundle disc.

The Antares Autotune software is relatively new. I bought it last year I think. I don't know the version off hand.

I read the Digidesign compatibility charts and, as I recall, there shouldn't be a conflict with older plugins and PT LE 7, right?
Old 03-03-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
How do I "trash" preferences?
Trashing prefs is covered in the General Troubleshooting thread
Quote:
- Delete DAE and Pro Tools preference files
Start Menu > My Computer > Local Disk(C:) or correct hard drive (click "show the contents of this drive" if the files aren't displayed) > Program Files > Common Files > Digidesign > DAE > Right-click on the DAE Prefs folder and delete.
Start Menu > My Computer > Local Disk(C:) > Documents and Settings > "Your user folder" > Application Data > Right-click on the Digidesign folder and delete. (If the Application Data folder is not showing: Tools Menu > Folder Options > View Tab > Select "Show Hidden Files and Folders" > Click Apply and OK.)

- Delete the Digidesign Databases folders for all hard drives
Start Menu > My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Digidesign Databases > Right-click on the Digidesign Databases folder and delete. Repeat for all hard drives.
Start menu > My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files > Digidesign > Pro Tools > Databases > Right-click on the Volumes folder and delete.

And...
Quote:
I read the Digidesign compatibility charts and, as I recall, there shouldn't be a conflict with older plugins and PT LE 7, right?
I beleive you might be wrong about that.
Plug-in and Software Compatibility with Pro Tools 7

I know that Antares has released a Maintenance release for Autotune. Current working version is 4.3.10 and can be downloaded from their website.

And even though it's not listed on the compatibility page, I'm almost positive that there is an update for the waves plugins. You are probably going to get hit by the WUP, though.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:19 PM

Okay, thanks for those links. Autotune appears to be okay, but I may have to be hit with that Waves update program like you said.

To answer your other question, Pro Tools is installed on my D drive rather than my C drive, but this has never posed a problem with Pro Tools or any other software I've used. They are both physically the same drive, which is the bootup drive, even though they're listed separately. I found this out when I installed a separate 400 gig drive two days ago - the 'F' drive.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:30 PM

Quote:
To answer your other question, Pro Tools is installed on my D drive rather than my C drive, but this has never posed a problem with Pro Tools or any other software I've used. They are both physically the same drive, which is the bootup drive, even though they're listed separately. I found this out when I installed a separate 400 gig drive two days ago - the 'F' drive.
It is not a good idea to install Pro Tools (and plugins etc) to anything but the system drive on windows systems, and it may just be what is causing your original error. Other programs? Yeah, sure. Pro Tools? nope.

Try a re-install with Pro Tools (and any plugins for it) on the same drive as the OS.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:41 PM

Well, I'll try it. I'll be annoyed if that's the problem though... the OS drive is only 15 gigs. And, like I said, my previous version of Pro Tools ran on the D drive for years without a hitch. I probably should have just left well enough alone, but I'm a sucker for upgrades.

Thanks so much for your help!
Old 03-04-2006, 06:43 PM

You were right! I reinstalled Pro Tools to the C drive, along with all of the plugins. Now, everything is working just fine.

Thanks so much for your help and I hope this thread comes in handy for someone else.