Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2009, 11:49 AM

Question Pro tools 8 crashes when i close a session

Hi everytime i close a session in pro tools 8 it crashes i have deleted all preferences and dae preferences. Just wondered is this a known bug and is it related to digirewire im quite a newbie any help would be appreciated

Thanks Raoul
Old 11-19-2009, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 8 crashes when i close a session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
Hi everytime i close a session in pro tools 8 it crashes i have deleted all preferences and dae preferences. Just wondered is this a known bug and is it related to digirewire im quite a newbie any help would be appreciated

Thanks Raoul
In order to get proper help i suggest that you post more information about your system.
Read this and do what it says before posting.
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=193637
Old 11-19-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by critza View Post
In order to get proper help i suggest that you post more information about your system.
Read this and do what it says before posting.
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=193637
Hi sorry im new to all this blog stuff as well

im running a digi 003+ with windows xp quad core with 4gig ram, my PC was made to the spec digi recommend on there site.

I have pro tools 8.0.0 with all the included plugins and extras like pod farm and melodyne

when i close a session pro tools goes white and i have to use task manager to close it, also every now and then i lose connectivity with my 003+ while in mid session

any help would be appreciated
Old 11-19-2009, 12:35 PM

What critza said......
Old 11-19-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
Hi sorry im new to all this blog stuff as well

im running a digi 003+ with windows xp quad core with 4gig ram, my PC was made to the spec digi recommend on there site.

I have pro tools 8.0.0 with all the included plugins and extras like pod farm and melodyne

when i close a session pro tools goes white and i have to use task manager to close it, also every now and then i lose connectivity with my 003+ while in mid session

any help would be appreciated
I have a similar problem, some projects are like that to mee as well, but i don´t have a solution
There are similar threads about this problem if you search the forum.
Has it been like this from the first install and with all projects?
Try to open your project holding down the Shift key, this will open it without any plugins active and try to save it and close it that way.
They wont go away you can activate them anytime you whish.