Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-13-2001, 08:49 AM

Default Can\'t import plug in settings--Help!!

Hi all,

Here's my problem. I put a plug in on a track, let's say one of the Bomb Factory compressors. Then I go to the Import settings command in the plug in and navigate to the plugin settings folder for the compressor, where I see all the .tfx preset files. I then select one of them, click open, and I get a message saying something like "The file is not a valid plugin settings file". I know it is, because they have the correct extension. Can someone help shed light on this problem? As of right now I can't use any of the cool presets for any of my plugins. Thanks.
Old 10-14-2001, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Can\'t import plug in settings--Help!!

to add to that..
when I save settings from one session and try to import them to another--I get a "cannot open, a file with that name already exists.."????

what thee hell is that?!!

ufo
Old 10-23-2001, 06:44 AM

bump. Help, anyone?
Old 10-23-2001, 08:45 AM
Avid

Is this specific to BF plug-ins? Can you Save/Recall plug-in settings with your DigiRack plugs without errors?

Brent
Old 10-24-2001, 05:31 PM

Hi Brent,

After some experimenting I've found that I can import plugin settings on the Digirack stuff. It seems to be a problem with the Bomb Factory and Waves plugins. The weird thing is that I can save settings with those plugs and then import them later, but the pre-fab settings that came with the software don't work--I get the "not a valid plugin settings file thing". Yet they are in the exact same folders as the settings that do work. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2001, 07:19 AM
Avid

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by aquaman1:
[QB]...but the pre-fab settings that came with the software don't work--I get the "not a valid plugin settings file thing". Yet they are in the exact same folders as the settings that do work.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Perhaps the files did in fact get corrupted somehow. Reinstall the preset files from the Waves/Bomb Factory CD-ROMs.

Brent