Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 12-01-2021, 05:27 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio / DADman - Midi Control

Luke! Well done making it happen! New to this and really a great bonus for us what you’ve done with this! Many thanks.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AINSLIE View Post
Luke! Well done making it happen! New to this and really a great bonus for us what you’ve done with this! Many thanks.
Thank you :)
Old 12-02-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
It might be up to SoundFlow. Luke (creator of the MOM app) and Colin Broad have managed.
According to posts on the SoundFlow forums, Christian (SF Dev) has reached out to DAD to work together on integration and so far, nothing.

The MOM app is really only an iOS version of the physical MOM controller and offers no additional control of DADman. DADman is a very "engineer-y" piece of kit and could really benefit from more modern and accessible UI control.
PT Ultimate, or whatever 2022.6 is called now
HDX 2 w MTRX, Dadman
9.1.4 Dolby Atmos over Dante to external RMU
Old 03-25-2023, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHoward View Post
You need to:
  • download & start the MOM app
  • allow it to access devices on your local network
  • go to Device List in DADman and connect the iOS device
  • go to the Mom tab in Monitor Profile Configuration in DADman, and select Add new MOM
  • select Default Preset or create a new one to assign controls
Ive tried the app and i love it!!

Your app allows me access to all the things that the MOM has. I was wondering if in an update you could:

1. make the db readout larger and in a color yellow or green or orange?
2. Can the layer number can be added to the layer button?
3. increase all font sizes?
Old 03-25-2023, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayReign View Post
Ive tried the app and i love it!!

Your app allows me access to all the things that the MOM has. I was wondering if in an update you could:

1. make the db readout larger and in a color yellow or green or orange?
2. Can the layer number can be added to the layer button?
3. increase all font sizes?
All good ideas, as soon as I've some time I will take look. Mostly been attending to the MOM StreamDeck plugin of late.
Old 03-25-2023, 03:33 PM

What!!! where is that available at? Also, have you thought about using the Loupedeck CT? that would be an awesome replacement to the MOM as it has a knob that could be the volume nob.. Do you happen to know the MIDI trigger for the volume? I plan on tryin g to use a volume controller in conjunction with your app with the volume knob remapped via Bome Midi Translator PRO.
Old 03-25-2023, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHoward View Post
All good ideas, as soon as I've some time I will take look. Mostly been attending to the MOM StreamDeck plugin of late.
What!!! where is that available at? Also, have you thought about using the Loupedeck CT? that would be an awesome replacement to the MOM as it has a knob that could be the volume nob.. Do you happen to know the MIDI trigger for the volume? I plan on tryin g to use a volume controller in conjunction with your app with the volume knob remapped via Bome Midi Translator PRO.
Old 03-25-2023, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayReign View Post
Email me at [email protected] and I'll send it to you.

The StreamDeck+ has a knob, so when that came out I abandoned my Loupedeck investigation (which would have been quite a lot of work to be honest). Knob tap cuts (like the Dock), touchscreen short tap dims, and long tap sets ref.

But, even with the other StreamDecks you can use a Surface Dial or nOb Control with MOMStreamDeckPlugin to control volume. There's no MIDI support yet, but I am thinking of adding support for the TE ortho remote (which uses MIDI).
Old 03-25-2023, 04:12 PM

I sent an email along with a mockup of the ios app. Thanks for your help!!!
Old 03-29-2023, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Schmidt View Post
... DADman is a very "engineer-y" piece of kit and could really benefit from more modern and accessible UI control.
I would characterize it as one of the worst GUI's in any major modern piece of software. It shows a lack of care and attention to detail IMO. Really as bad as Dante Controller.
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.