Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2012, 01:23 PM

Default Holy Grail Y Cable Pinouts - HD Legacy Port to Dual Mix Computer Port

Hi all,

Based on this Gearslutz posting, which in turn is based on this DUC posting, I've come up with this pinout diagram for an HD legacy port to dual HD50 Mix port Y cable, also known as a holy grail cable.

I already have a DB60 cable and an HD50 cable I was going to hack apart to make this, but first I was hoping to see if anyone sees any problems with my diagram, or the data I'm basing it on. The biggest cable I've made was about 6 db25 to TRS cables, so this should be a bit of a challenge, I assume. Probably going to splice in, then heatshrink and not actually mess with any of the connectors. One issue I have is the DB60 cable is much thinner than the HD50. Would mismatched gauges cause any capacitance issues, or any other problems?

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Holy Grail Y Cable Pinouts - HD Legacy Port to Dual Mix Computer Port

I suggest you post this question and chart as a thread on the original postings as well. . .