Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2010, 08:07 PM

Default Cant Preview Audio Coninuously in Import Audio Windo

In older versions of pro tools in the Import Audio Window you were able to skip through tracks without pro tools automatically stopping the track you were previewing. For instance, auditioning a track and skipping through the song without having to click the play button.
In Pro Tools 8 it seems this feature has been changed and it automatically stops the preview when skipping through. This tends to slow down my workflow because I usually need to preview a ton of music for a music editor and I need to be able to skip thru a cues quickly.

Is there a way to change this to the way it used to be? I'm currently running Pro Tools 8.0.3 on a macbook pro intel core duo
thanks in advance!
Old 05-28-2010, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Cant Preview Audio Coninuously in Import Audio Windo

When Importing audio, you can play/stop with the space bar.

However it is a much easier workflow from the workspace browser.
in the workspace browser you can turn on auto-preview and you can just scroll through the tracks and they will play automatically
Old 05-28-2010, 08:47 PM

I'm not 100% certain of your "Old Workflow" - however, many have migrated away from the Import Audio Menu, for "Files", and migrated their workflow, to the "Workspace Window"

Option + : <-- Colon

There's an "Auto Preview" setting across the top, as well it will stretch audio to the Tempo of the session while previewing if you have the little "Metronome" selected.

you should be able to flip through files pretty fas in Auto Preview mode, and the nice part, is Drag n' Drop right into ProTools track list to create a new track from the file, or onto an existing track, in the timeline, to place the region on an existing track

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App
Old 05-29-2010, 12:14 AM

Thanks Guys! Yeah I've changed up my workflow i was just so used to using the import audio window that i never thought of using the workspace window. Just thought it was strange that digi decided to change it up.
Thanks again