Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2009, 02:10 AM

Default Pro Control Audio monitoring (5.1 & Stereo) not working

I have a Mac Pro and here are the stats:

OSX 10.5.5
2 GHz Power PC
2.4 GB DDR SDRAM

I have just upgraded to the new Pro Tools HD 8.0 and now my Pro Control won't monitor my 5.1 surround sound or Stereo outputs from the board. I have the output from the Pro Control going into a patch bay and we have checked that. Everything seems to be working from the patch bay. I am receiving input and output levels on the 192, so I know that is working also. When I change the monitor setting in the Pro Control to Surround Mixing (5.1) or Stereo, I get no audio output from the Pro Control.

Lastly, I am however able to hear audio out of the Pro Control through the headphones out only when I switch the settings in the utilities to STEREO. If anyone knows of a simple setting I'm missing to monitor 5.1 out of the Pro Control or any hardware problems or additional software I must download in order to have the Pro Control output 5.1 surround and stereo through the main monitor levels on the Pro Control, it would be a HUGE help. It was working 100% with Pro Tools HD version 7.31.

Thank you,
Matt