How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: FYI: Digidesign Introduces ICON Exchange Progr

Quote:
Well, I think C24s are selling on ebay for about the price of the exchange without the hassle of shipping to a buyer etc. I know the D-Command isn't cheap, but if you've never seen one in action, you haven't seen one of the most powerful control surfaces on the market IMO, and I work on a Euphonix System 5 most of the time. This thing has so many features and is so well integrated with Pro Tools it's ridiculous. Once you master it, you'll have so much creative control and be able to work so fast that you'll look like a genius to your clients (even if you aren't one ) and I'm not kidding. Trust me, I'll be trading in my Pro Control for one after the dust settles a little

Thanks for the sales pitch..........Is there an automatic mix button?
Old 06-04-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: FYI: Digidesign Introduces ICON Exchange Progr

>Is there an automatic mix button?<

Nope. You still have to be a good mixer. The Icon systems will just allow you to work better. Sorry about the "pitch". I was just very impressed by the unit when I was given a demo the other day. It just has so many cool features. Here's a few. When you go to select a plugin, as you scroll to the one you want, their names "spill" out to the adjacent LED displays so you can read the full name instead of a weird abbreviation. Then, when you select say, an EQ, the parameters spill out to the adjacent knobs to form a mini EQ panel right there. You can also have the meters above a channel display gain reduction on a compressor plugin. There are dedicated buttons to bring up the Session Browser, Task windows and for automation features like Auto Join and match-out. There are many, many features like this. It's a very well thought out device and will help those that use it become extremely efficient Pro Tools operators. OK, I'm done with my pitch again. But check it out for yourself, I think you'll be impressed. I was wrong about the exchange for the C24 BTW. It's $2500. Oops.