How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2011, 08:52 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe
Default Mc Transport Install/EUCon crashes [fixed] & other issues

Just bought a Mc Transport and now Avid EU Control crashes.
Sometimes after 5 launches it doesn't crash but my Mc Mix doesn't show up and the EU control menus are no longer working.

Help!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Just bought a Mc Transport and now Avid EU Control crashes

Strangely its the Mc Mix that's no longer working and crashes Eu Control. The new transport seems fine.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:07 AM

Which version are you running? Be aware that your new Transport can have a later firmware then you are running Eucon...

If you are runnning 2.6.0 (the purple version)
* Transport firmware should read 1.1.5
* Mix firmware should read 1.4.5

Look in my post yesterday and reinstall and trash some pref-files - that's usually the problem as long as you haven't done anything else like OSX Lion or any other changes.
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 07-24-2011, 09:27 AM

Hi, I just updated all the firmware, the units now show the Avid logo.

However, everything seems to be conflicting. The faders are not working with Logic, the transport is not working either. Trying to lock the surface result in a crash...
Old 07-24-2011, 09:36 AM

Restarted everything (both the router and the computer); seems to work for now...

Thanks,
Old 07-24-2011, 06:16 PM

Amazing stuff btw.

Not the easiest to install, I believe the Eu con software stability could be improved. However, the technology is outstanding; the transport is an amazing piece of equipment, the programmed keys lighting up on the unit is a nice feature, and all for a good price.

Two bugs so far:
- Sibelius 6 is not recognized at all by the Transport, I wished I could program my shortcuts and macro on it.
This is strange since the Transport allows most softwares to be programmed and Sibelius is now Avid...

- When I unlock the transport and keep the rest of the console locked it seems to crash either Eucon or Logic.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Mc Transport Install/EUCon crashes [fixed] & other issues

Also, clicking control room volume on the Transport and having it selected in Eucon crashes the Eucon software.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:29 PM

Hey GW - I've been having constant SIGBUS crashes with PT9, and the crashed thread is usually something to do with Eucon. I've rolled back to 2.5.7 to see if it's any better, but my firmware is the latest one (the one that displays the Avid logo on boot). Are you aware of any issues running this combo? It's fine so far, although I've only been running it for a little while.

Many thanks!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:14 PM

I've noticed that the Transport comes programmed with an Artist control control-room-volume key assigned to the Jog. Selecting this button on the transport if you do not have an Artist Control crashes the EuCon software.
That's an important bug to sort out.

Also the Mc Mix prev and next marker button not locking on the "locked" software as I mentioned in another thread. Now that I have a transport however I am using the transport instead of the Mix to navigate markers.

Edit: and wow, I just read about each button around the jog wheel having 2 optional light colours (yellow-red and yellow-green). Good job on this simple but welcomed feature.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:44 AM

Hi, guys!

It's a very clever thing to put your setup in your posts so one can see what combination of units and software you are trying to run - add that in User CP (saves a lot of time and guessing).

Chapman - since there was posts about ppl having problems with the Control after upgrading the firmware (flickery touchsscreens mainly), I never did that, so I'm only running the latest software on Transport + 3 Mix and I've had no problems sofar with not upgrading all of them...

Xill - the control-room has been reported on here earlier. The mystery with the lights are that the four small buttons are capable of giving a third color and that is the orange you get when starting up the unit - I have up til now, never found a way to implement the third color in use. If you do, plz let me know... But focus on what this little great unit already can do!
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix