Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2012, 07:40 AM

Default Virtual Instruments (Xpand2) not installing correctly

Whenever I install Pro Tools 10 (I have not upgraded from a previous version) it always either comes up with 'The Factory Content was not found' or it won't show the message, and instead the drop down menu will show 'none' when it should show the categories for the virtual instruments.

Also, when I've tried to install the virtual instruments via the disks, it shows 'Please insert the disk: 1', and I have tried using all three disks that came with it, and none of them worked.

If someone could give me a pointer in what might help this problem, I would be highly grateful.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Virtual Instruments (Xpand2) not installing correctly

I know this is an old post, but I thought I'd reply anyway just in case anyone is still running into this problem. I can't help you with the Factory Content error, but I can provide some advice for the "Disk 1" error. I ran into this while trying to install PT10 on my system and, after some frustration, found that it was due to the Avid Virtual Instruments file that was leftover on my system from a PT10 demo I had installed. Uninstalling the PT10 demo does NOT remove the virtual instruments installed with the demo. If you installed the demo, that could be your problem. Here's my thread where you ca see exactly what I did to resolve the issue: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...=1#post1991418
Intel Core 17-3770 3rd gen CPU @ 3.40 GHz
12 GB RAM

Audio Interface -
Presonus FireStudio Mobile

Pro Tools 10