Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 06-29-2022, 02:28 AM

Default plugin custom mapping question

I'm new to this - making some custom plugin maps...

Is there a way to click on the knob on the plugin and map that directly to a console knob - similar to how the knob on the master module behaves?

At the moment i am twiddling a plugin parameter with the mouse with one hand and scrolling through pages and pages on the touch screen to try to find the relevant control to touch on before it will map to the console knob.
I seem to remember it was much simpler on icon...
Am I missing something?
Old 06-29-2022, 05:41 AM
Avid

Default Re: plugin custom mapping question

Greetings,

Unlike D-Control or D-Command, the custom mapping functionality on S4 S6 is not just limited to the (expand) faders. Attention encoders (Master Module), Knob Module encoders, Process Module encoders as well as CSM or Fader Module Faders can be customized.

The previous workflow relied on touching a parameter on the knob module to bring it down to a fader position. This was only for the expand fader map - which was limited to the parameters represented on the knob module and a fixed number of pages. Both of these limitations have been removed with the new mapping process.

For 3rd party devs that structure, label and created default layouts that are clean and logical, the mapping is very efficient. For plug-ins with poor naming, no naming or duplicated generic parameter naming it can be challenging.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ