Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2008, 06:34 AM

Default Re: PT8 :: Initial Thoughts & Experiences

indeed, its a great software update

i've noticed something else : the rulers numbers are sometimes completly out of their places and even out of the PT window. A mac restart does the trick to get it all back.

the colors that indicate grouped tracks have been moved and i really do find them less readable than before.
well... i know that evryone cannot be satisfied and feel sorry to be one of 'em (for the 1st time since digi's move from PT5 to 6)

osx 10.5.5 MP2.66 quad / 13G ram / fresh install & no [k] / PE6r4
Old 12-20-2008, 11:57 AM

I have just installed, and love all the new stuff. However, my autotune 4 and amplitube 1.3 dont show up as plugins anymore. I have resintalled both to no avial. anyone know what to do to fix this?
Old 12-20-2008, 01:03 PM

hi,

I guess i have to get used to the new interface...only played 2 hours with it and i'm not in love with all that grey, but the way protools handle waveforms is way better. Too bad that the waveform are always so dark but that's not so important.

Other thing is the volume view is a lot more difficult to "catch" : a 60 tracks session, all in volume view and you can't really be sure fast which track you're going to work with.

And my main problem, is the "grid" that doesn't disappear even in slip mode. Maybe i missed something but in pt7 and before, we had an option to desactivate the grid display in grid mode ; now i can't put away the grid display in all mode...
It makes the edit window very messy..
And i'm also with groovebrother about the background color and would be very happy to have a possibility to change the brightness of it like we can do with the "inserts and sends" column in the edit window.
i
Old 12-20-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belolab View Post
I have just installed, and love all the new stuff. However, my autotune 4 and amplitube 1.3 dont show up as plugins anymore. I have resintalled both to no avial. anyone know what to do to fix this?
Autotune 4 isn't compatible with Leopard.

Not sure about Amplitude.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:34 PM

I had no problem running Auto Tune 4 and amplitube with leopard, until the upgrade to PT 8. It seems 8 is not compatible? Or, is there a work around out there?
Old 12-20-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post

And my main problem, is the "grid" that doesn't disappear even in slip mode. Maybe i missed something but in pt7 and before, we had an option to desactivate the grid display in grid mode ; now i can't put away the grid display in all mode...
It makes the edit window very messy..
And i'm also with groovebrother about the background color and would be very happy to have a possibility to change the brightness of it like we can do with the "inserts and sends" column in the edit window.
i
click the little grid sign to the left in the grid window where you define the grid value. The winfow/display in up in toolbar of pt8

you can easily disable the grid
Old 12-20-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adesound View Post
I had no problem running Auto Tune 4 and amplitube with leopard, until the upgrade to PT 8. It seems 8 is not compatible? Or, is there a work around out there?
Antares told me that they only fixed AT5 and EVO to work with Leopard and/or PT8.

I assumed Leopard was the problem being that everything else works.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:58 AM

Yeh, all was fine on leopard till the PT8 upgrade on autotune and amplitube. All other 3rd party plugins I have seem fine e.g. Kontakt 2, Jupiter 8, Korg Legacy digital, Ozone
Old 12-21-2008, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
click the little grid sign to the left in the grid window where you define the grid value. The winfow/display in up in toolbar of pt8

you can easily disable the grid
Thanks.. i've just RTFM and found it. Lot of improvements..
I just don't really get why Digi put away that option "draw grid in grid mode", it was so evident : grid drawned in grid mode and not in the other modes.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:40 AM

Default PT8 Crash after deleting Miditrack

My Protools8 always crashes after deleting a Miditrack on which I applied Realtime Quantice.
Anybody on this planet who experienced the same?