Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 10-03-2022, 07:51 AM

Default Re: 2022.9- Moving Clip FX window back to top

Dear Avid,

Please give us the option to hide the new tabs (clip fx etc) and viewable midi playlist.

Thank you,

Ej
Your loyal customer for over 20 years
Old 10-03-2022, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
Dear Avid,

Please give us the option to hide the new tabs (clip fx etc) and viewable midi playlist.

Thank you,

Ej
Your loyal customer for over 20 years
Ditto
Old 10-03-2022, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
I didn't say Melodyne.

It's an easy solution for me, make it fully able to disappear like before. Then top or bottom does nae matter.
The point is that you can’t have ClipFX top AND now Melodyne at the bottom. Has to be one or the other. Or - preferably - the option of putting them in floating windows.

(Also it can at least fully disappear - one of the icons top left above the bottom pane).

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 10-03-2022, 07:43 PM

Another voice for seperate windows for ClipFX / Melodyne.
Old 10-03-2022, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeecee View Post
Another voice for seperate windows for ClipFX / Melodyne.
Floating un-docked windows would be very cool.
Old 10-04-2022, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
The point is that you can’t have ClipFX top AND now Melodyne at the bottom. Has to be one or the other. Or - preferably - the option of putting them in floating windows.

(Also it can at least fully disappear - one of the icons top left above the bottom pane).
Yawn, obviously I am talking about the MIDI Ed/Clip FX bar at the bottom....
Old 10-17-2022, 10:09 PM

I am surprised that I like it on the bottom.

But if they’d give a choice, that’d be fine, too.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 10-18-2022, 12:14 AM

Pro Tools for years has felt like millions of windows opening and closing and going in and out of views and plug-ins, all with very unique UIs (even the stock plugs). It was hard for me to learn at first and feel focused because I was used to docked tabs.

And.... that's what a LOT of the Lounges talk on Link is about. Much more newb users asking for a lot of integration, docking, UI sync.

A lot of it reminds me of what many of you are saying "no way!" to and what I was used to before.

I learned electronic music production and mixing on Ableton Live for 5-6 years before trying Pro Tools at a little recording school. In Ableton, when you click on tracks and clips and use some simple key commands, it's REALLY simple to see in the main pane and docked panes your library, plug-ins, MIDI editor, arrangement, live session view.

What a LOT of new PT users are asking for in the Lounges on Link is simpler, freer, more flexible system, and what some call more efficient creative and mixing workflows.

Really, I see a lot of good options in docking and undocking views, integrating views of inserts.
(10 plug in multiple windows in PT = access by scrolling one strip in Ableton Live bottom pane).
Really, both systems are great.

It's a bit of a pipe dream though to expect it all to be quick and amazing and perfect by next version.
It takes time, and priorities will take shape along the way too.. decisions will be made to go some ways but not others.

As always, devs don't spend much time poking around user forums (neither do those in the software company I work for).
Some of them are working so hard they don't even hear about the bugs that the other manager is saying aren't so important right now.... and so on.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 10-18-2022, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednednerb View Post
Pro Tools for years has felt like millions of windows opening and closing and going in and out of views and plug-ins, all with very unique UIs (even the stock plugs). It was hard for me to learn at first and feel focused because I was used to docked tabs.

And.... that's what a LOT of the Lounges talk on Link is about. Much more newb users asking for a lot of integration, docking, UI sync.

A lot of it reminds me of what many of you are saying "no way!" to and what I was used to before.

I learned electronic music production and mixing on Ableton Live for 5-6 years before trying Pro Tools at a little recording school. In Ableton, when you click on tracks and clips and use some simple key commands, it's REALLY simple to see in the main pane and docked panes your library, plug-ins, MIDI editor, arrangement, live session view.

What a LOT of new PT users are asking for in the Lounges on Link is simpler, freer, more flexible system, and what some call more efficient creative and mixing workflows.

Really, I see a lot of good options in docking and undocking views, integrating views of inserts.
(10 plug in multiple windows in PT = access by scrolling one strip in Ableton Live bottom pane).
Really, both systems are great.

It's a bit of a pipe dream though to expect it all to be quick and amazing and perfect by next version.
It takes time, and priorities will take shape along the way too.. decisions will be made to go some ways but not others.

As always, devs don't spend much time poking around user forums (neither do those in the software company I work for).
Some of them are working so hard they don't even hear about the bugs that the other manager is saying aren't so important right now.... and so on.
My very first DAW was Sonar X1 which introduced the "Skylight" GUI. Everything dock-able, float-able, with the ability to hide and customize as to screen layout & positioning.
Very symmetrical in design and a good foundation upon which to add new features.
The PT design seems a bit asymmetrical in that it's all being added later; on an entirely different foundation. I feel the same about the dark theme.
That said, it's my guess that the blank space to the right of the newly added tabs might be for more tab additions in the future.

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory

Last edited by take77; 10-18-2022 at 01:06 AM.
Old 11-15-2022, 12:17 PM

+1 on moving it back to where it was.

and pls get rid of that black bar narrowing my edit space!

Last edited by Jonathan Roesch; 11-15-2022 at 12:40 PM.