Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2001, 10:05 PM

Default Muting tracks during bounce

I want to mute three tracks during a bounce. I can mute all three, but the third one doesn't stay muted when I highlight the length of the song, when I start bouncing or when I press play.

For the bounce I just deleted the track and didn't save it upon closing.
Any reason/suggestion.

Another little thing I notice. I don't want to break something inside my cable (digi 001 to pc), but it seems to only bend to the right and my amp and set-up is all to the left. I end up wrapping it around my computer tower since my amp is less than a foot from my computer tower. Just thought it was a little odd.

Philippe Dumas [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2001, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Muting tracks during bounce

Yep, it must be a bug or something. I can mute every other track, but this one doesn't stay muted when I press play or bounce. Once playback is started I can mute it, but it doesn't help me when i'm bouncing the session.

Thanks for any info

Philippe Dumas
Old 12-02-2001, 11:17 PM

hey, these may seem like dumb questions but.. is that track grouped? is there automation on the track?
Hope that may help
Old 12-03-2001, 07:51 AM
Avid

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by phdumas:
I can mute all three, but the third one doesn't stay muted when I highlight the length of the song, when I start bouncing or when I press play.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As darryl88 mentioned, there is/was mute automation written on the problematic track.

-Either erase all Mute automation present on the track or choose "Auto Off" for the Automation mode for that track and Mute it manually.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> I don't want to break something inside my cable (digi 001 to pc), but it seems to only bend to the right and my amp and set-up is all to the left. I end up wrapping it around my computer tower since my amp is less than a foot from my computer tower. Just thought it was a little odd.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Although the rubber insulation surrounding the innards of the Digi001 interface cable is a bit stiiff, you need not worry about straigtening it out or bending it in the opposite direction.

Brent