Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 03-05-2018, 07:38 PM

Default Workflow In Elastic Audio Changed?

Hello!

I decided to experiment with Elastic Audio, for the first time, tonight.

In the video I watched, on YouTube, when the presenter selected "warp view", a series of vertical lines appeared in the selected clip. He identified them as "analysis markers". He then "double-clicked" an analysis marker to insert (convert it to?) an "anchor marker" at the beginning of the clip, then "control-clicked" in an empty area of the clip to insert another to the right, some seconds later into the clip. He used this second "anchor marker" to stretch, or shorten" as he desired. He was using HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NOP-D4RnTU

I followed along as he worked.

I opened a project, selected a clip, selected "polyphonic" as my Elastic Audio mode, selected "warp view", and my "analysis markers" appeared. I dutifully "double clicked" and "control-clicked" in the appropriate places, to insert my left and right "anchor-markers" respectively.

Now, this is where the "fun" starts.

When I dragged the marker on the right, instead of the region contracting or expanding, as in the video, the entire clip moved.

After fiddling for a bit, I discovered, that once I inserted the left marker, "anywhere, I could drag one of the analysis marker to contract, or to expand the region. The difference now is, that when I drag that marker, it becomes an anchor marker. Any further dragging of that marker moves the entire clip.

It seems as though, the beginning of the clip is now automatically an anchor.

Am I missing something?

Thanx!
PT 2018; Nuendo 8.?; Studio One 3; former Sonar and Sequoia user .... GENELEC 1031A, AVANTONE MIX CUBES (Active); Sibelius 7.0; Dorico; Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Core i7, OS X 10.12.2 Sierra; 16GB RAM; 480 GB System SSD; 1 TB 7200 rpm Audio; 3 TB samples; Roland A-800 Pro controller; GOOD BYE PEE SEA!!
Old 03-06-2018, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Workflow In Elastic Audio Changed?

What can happen is that you can inadvertently select the clip, which will become shaded. Try clicking in the lower half of the clip our outside of the clip to deselect it. Then you can drag markers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-06-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardWilliam View Post
What can happen is that you can inadvertently select the clip, which will become shaded. Try clicking in the lower half of the clip our outside of the clip to deselect it. Then you can drag markers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
TEN POINTS!!

It's my "analog" thinking, that you have to select something to work on it.

So, then, it's the entire TRACK that is in warp mode, not just the clip in question, right?
PT 2018; Nuendo 8.?; Studio One 3; former Sonar and Sequoia user .... GENELEC 1031A, AVANTONE MIX CUBES (Active); Sibelius 7.0; Dorico; Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Core i7, OS X 10.12.2 Sierra; 16GB RAM; 480 GB System SSD; 1 TB 7200 rpm Audio; 3 TB samples; Roland A-800 Pro controller; GOOD BYE PEE SEA!!
Old 03-06-2018, 10:42 PM
bowlingotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTBannah View Post
TEN POINTS!!

It's my "analog" thinking, that you have to select something to work on it.

So, then, it's the entire TRACK that is in warp mode, not just the clip in question, right?
In case you didn't find the answer yet, indeed it is the full track that is elastic audio-enabled, not just the clip

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2018, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingotter View Post
In case you didn't find the answer yet, indeed it is the full track that is elastic audio-enabled, not just the clip

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
Sorry. Yes. I was sharing my “light-bulb” moment.