How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Digi MIDI I/O unit sometimes goes offline

Hello,

I am using PTLE 7.1 on WinXP with Digi002. Also have a Digi MIDI I/O unit.

I am finding that the MIDI I/O unit sometimes goes offline (e.g. "online" LED on front of unit turns off) when I am working on my sessions. Then weird things start to happen -- bad timing, MIDI not playing, etc. Forces me to close and restart Pro Tools. Resetting the MIDI I/O via the reset button doesn't always work.

Last night, my PC just stopped recognizing the MIDI I/O altogether -- I had to reinstall the MIDI I/O drivers to get it up and running again.

Questions:
- Has anyone else seen this kind of problem?
- Does anyone have a solution?
- I see Digi has posted version 1.0cs1 of the MIDI I/O drivers, and that this is not officially supported. Anyone know what's new in this version (no description is provided) or have any experience with this new driver version?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 09-10-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Digi MIDI I/O unit sometimes goes offline

hello, i have experienced this behavior with my midi i/o as well. to me it seems to happen more when native instruments products are being used. i loose communication and i have to restart protools to get up and running again. this does not happen all the time but it happens every now and then,annoying.
i have spoke to digi about this and they have suggested using a unsupplied power supply.i tried it with a power supply and still expeirenced same behavior.so, power supply did not make a difference.
for now i just deal with the occasional loss of cummincation by restarting........annoying