Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 06-29-2019, 07:57 PM

Default Question re Renewal and Support Plan after upgrade to Pro Tools Ultimate

Hi

I recently upgraded from Pro Tools Perpetual to Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual. When I look in Products under My Avid I see both Pro Tools and Pro Tools Ultimate listed. Both have renewal options for the relevant prices i.e. $99 and $399 with different expiry dates.

Does that mean that I have both Pro Tools Perpetual to Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licenses and I can use both of these on different machines at the same time.

When I look at my iLok account it comes up as Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual Bundle (Locked Group) with both Pro Tools Perpetual and Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual showing 1 of 1 activations used. Can I separate these onto 2 different iLoks and use on 2 different machines?

Do I need to renew both the Renewal and Support Plan for Pro Tools Perpetual to Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licenses? Obviously if I cannot use them separately then it makes no sense to renew Pro Tools Perpetual. If is possible then I would consider buying another year's Plan for Pro Tools Perpetual before the price rise.

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12 Win 10 Pro 22H2 Gigabyte GA-Z270 i7-7700K 32GB Ram UAD Apollo 8
Old 06-29-2019, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Question re Renewal and Support Plan after upgrade to Pro Tools Ultimate

Interesting Q,

I’m guessing if you upgraded it would come under one lic as opposed to if you brought another perpetual lic outright... hence you have 2 seperate lic’s....

If it says locked group it will be one lic. I have the Pro Tools 10/11/12 bundle and it is connected to one perp lic as a locked group.

However you can still setup 2 machines but you will only be able to run one machine at a time coz you’ll need to have the iLOK dongle plugged in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2065 View Post
Hi

I recently upgraded from Pro Tools Perpetual to Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual. When I look in Products under My Avid I see both Pro Tools and Pro Tools Ultimate listed. Both have renewal options for the relevant prices i.e. $99 and $399 with different expiry dates.

Does that mean that I have both Pro Tools Perpetual to Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licenses and I can use both of these on different machines at the same time.

When I look at my iLok account it comes up as Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual Bundle (Locked Group) with both Pro Tools Perpetual and Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual showing 1 of 1 activations used. Can I separate these onto 2 different iLoks and use on 2 different machines?

Do I need to renew both the Renewal and Support Plan for Pro Tools Perpetual to Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licenses? Obviously if I cannot use them separately then it makes no sense to renew Pro Tools Perpetual. If is possible then I would consider buying another year's Plan for Pro Tools Perpetual before the price rise.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 06-30-2019, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Question re Renewal and Support Plan after upgrade to Pro Tools Ultimate

Thanks Rob

Yes I think that right because when I try to move just the Pro Tools license back to the cloud it moves all the licenses. It is funny though, under My Avid > Products it has links to Renew the Support Plan for both Pro Tools and Pro Tools Ultimate. I would have though the link was removed during the upgrade.

If this is the case then I lost around 7 months of the Support Plan for Pro Tools when I upgraded.

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12 Win 10 Pro 22H2 Gigabyte GA-Z270 i7-7700K 32GB Ram UAD Apollo 8
Old 06-30-2019, 02:08 AM

Nps, That does seem odd.... but I’m sure will be easily fixed. I’m sure one of the moderators will chime in and point you in the right direction... may need to start a support ticket. Or if Jeffro sees this thread can probably explain what is going on there and help sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2065 View Post
Thanks Rob

Yes I think that right because when I try to move just the Pro Tools license back to the cloud it moves all the licenses. It is funny though, under My Avid > Products it has links to Renew the Support Plan for both Pro Tools and Pro Tools Ultimate. I would have though the link was removed during the upgrade.

If this is the case then I lost around 7 months of the Support Plan for Pro Tools when I upgraded.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————