How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2012, 01:58 PM

Default can't figure out how to configure my inputs into the tracks

Hey guys.. new guy here to PT.

I just bought an Mbox mini with PT 9 and got a free upgrade to PT 10. I am using a blue spark mic, but I can't figure out how to configure my inputs into the tracks so I can record through the Mbox. I can see signal on the Mbox, but only error messages on PT 10. I have tried everything I have read, but I am doing something wrong!!! Can anyone help me to get my system set up correctly? Thanks alot...

Kevin
Old 01-08-2012, 09:28 PM

Default Re: can't figure out how to configure my inputs into the tracks

Start by opening the Setup>Hardware window and make sure the Mbox mini is the selected audio engine(and not the internal sound). Then go to Setup>IO and look at the INPUT tab to verify that the inputs are available on the grid(when in doubt, you can hit the DEFAULT button, which should give you both the available inputs). Remember that the mini only has a single mic input(which you need to use with the Spark) and you must use an xlr cable(xlr at both ends) and turn on the phantom power button. If you are still having issues, try twisting the MIX knob on the Mbox(and make sure you are recording to an AUDIO track instead of an INSTRUMENT track, which is a common mistake for those that are new to Pro Tools)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-09-2012, 05:20 AM

Default Re: can't figure out how to configure my inputs into the tracks

Hey Albee, I commented on the other post, but thanks for the info. I got my Mbox to record, and I think I just had something clicked wrong :) The problem I'm having now, is when I playback, I have some serious jitter and skipping during playback. When I go to hardware, I can see ASIO4ALL listed in the peripherals window, but no Mbox mini. It's recording, but not playing back smoothly. If you'll notice my reply on my other post, I also use Sibelius 7 to write for marching bands and drumlines with addition to Virtual Drumline running through Kontakt Player. I was just under the impression from Avid, that I need use ASIO4ALL to run Sib 7 and my Virtual drumline with ASIO.

If I can get around using ASIO now that I have an Mbox (and upgrading later to a Saffire), that would be great!! I feel stupid, because this is not my first DAW, but Pro Tools is giving me all kinds of headaches to start... I welcome anymore advice you may have.... Thank you!!