How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2010, 07:12 AM

Default Eleven Rack not recognized during install

All,

Vista 32 bit OS....Installed Pro Tools 8 LE and during the initial load, the Eleven Rack is not recognized. I have exhausted everything here on the site. Version 8.0.1 with firmware on the Eleven Rack as 1.0.1. I have tried to install the stand alone driver updater, but I cannot get past the attached message: Unable to locate Digidesign hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Click "OK" when the hardware is ready.

During the install process it never finds the Eleven Rack Drivers....So I have never even seen the Pro Tools interface to begin doing anything.

If I could get some detailed step by step I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Old 12-22-2010, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack not recognized during install

You shouldn't need to connect the 11R during the 8.0.1 install. It may take a couple of tries to get it installed. Make sure nothing else is running and the only usb devices plugged in are the keyboard and mouse. Once/if you get 8.0.1 installed, do not run it, download and install 8.0.4. Once that installs you can start Pro Tools and activate the software.

You can also register the 11r and ask Digi for a full installer of 8.0.3 or 8.0.4 as the download on the site is just an updater.

I have had a few night mare installs with 8.0.1 on Windows 7. My last install was on a 64 bit O/S and required and clean O/S install to get 8.0.1 to install and even that took to installs.

Also, always login as administrator and use "run as administrator".

Good luck
Old 12-22-2010, 11:39 AM

I appreciate the response, but I just upgraded versions to 8.0.4 and the same problem exists. It still does not recognize the drivers for the Eleven Rack. I of course tried to update the DFU, and that will not install until the drivers are installed initially. During the initial install and with the version upgrade, "found new hardware" window pops up, but never locates anything

I have gone into the file folders but do not know which drivers are for the Eleven Rack and have done about eveything including the standalone core audio drivers (my PC will not allow as an error pops up stating that my version of operating system is not supported by digidesign)

What drivers am I missing here? This is driving me nutz!

Thanks,
Old 12-22-2010, 11:40 AM

Also as a side note....I cannot proceed with the initial load with connecting the Avid Hardware....I have read many times that it is not necessary, but I cannot proceed without connection! Install seems fine, but when I reboot and load for the first time is when this issue occurs....Still cannot do anything with Pro Tools

Last edited by mmurphyrichardson; 12-22-2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: addition
Old 12-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Avid

Try grabbing the "Standalone Eleven Rack Audio Driver Installer (Windows)" at the bottom of this page: http://www.avid.com/US/products/Eleven-Rack/resources

Reboot your computer with Eleven Rack connected to USB and turned on. Ignore the 'Found New Hardware' messages and run the Driver installer.

While installing, do NOT click on any of the 'Found new hardware' dialogs. DO click on the 'Windows logo testing' warnings to let things proceed.

Hopefully this will work.

FWIW, Pro Tools 8.0.1 was the first version to support Eleven Rack, so it's no surprise that it didn't work with 8.0. That said, 8.0.4 should work OK.

(Also, a move to Windows 7 wouldn't be a bad idea)
P&S Creative Professional
AVID
Old 12-23-2010, 07:11 PM

You need to download Service Pack 1 from microsoft, also update firmware to 1.03 and update PT to 8.04. This will take care of it.