Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2002, 07:13 PM

Default Pultec EQ

I recently came by a Pultec EQ--which I'd never had the chance to use before. After installing it I decided to I try a side-by-side comparison with the BombFactory plug-in: the difference was totally astounding! Has anyone else tried this? Has Bomb Factory? How can they claim that the plug-in sounds anything like it?!!! I was shocked.

My girlfriend didn't care so I had to post it here. Oh, well, on with my life.....

--wolfie
Old 10-09-2002, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Pultec EQ

I've never heard the real thing, nor can I afford it, I'm just a lowly LE user, but the Pultec EQ from Bombfactory works great with my voice. I like it.

Sorry I can't add anything useful to your thread. And that girlfriend thing, I understand. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2002, 10:28 PM

That was my situation...I thought the plug was pretty good, altough not my first choice (usually Filterbank or Renaissance). However, the BF plugz are so hyped (and expensive) I thought I should offer up my 2cents....
Old 10-09-2002, 11:46 PM

is Universal Audio doing a Pultec for TDM? i think they are. maybe it'll work better. the BF Pultec is still not that bad for what it is.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:00 AM

would be strange if the plugins would sound the same way as the originals do , even if the new hardware releases dont match the original 100 % .

( and hardware is even more expensive ) .

if lexicon would sell the new tdm plug 960 that emulates the 960 to 100% or lets say even 70% for 2000 bucks , who would go for the real thing ???
only those people who can afford having the remote pictured on their homepages [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

f.ex. i never heard the tdm virus , just the original , people are telling me that the sound is the same . so we all see , that its possible to adapt . i dont have a reverb plugin around that sounds like the 480 or even the " smaller " 91 etc. whys that ??? you guess . the 480 is already +20 years old ... can u believe that this is technical impossible ... i call it the COCA COLA syndrom [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

just a thought , peace
Old 10-10-2002, 08:04 PM

So what's the COCA COLA syndrom?. That's funny! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2002, 04:47 AM

I have compared the BF 1176 it was the same as the hardware 1176 ( I had 12 of them ) The Plug-in had a lot less noise than the orginal hardware LN1176. If you heard the same plug in through a 192 I/O, you may hear a big differance as the 192 blows away the 888/24.