Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2010, 11:42 AM

Default Pro tools shuts down after opening certain sessions

Hello, I have pro tools M-powered 7.0 and out of nowhere about half of my old sessions immediately force quit pro tools when they are opened. The same thing happens to ALL of my new sessions. New session will record fine, even stay open to mix but if i close pro tools or open another session and try to open the first one again it shuts down Right after it's openend. The only error message is a microsoft one stating pro tools Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. The only changes i have made recently are reinstalling my mobilepre USB interface and making back ups of all sessions. Even the back ups have the same problem. I switched to the mobilepre when my projectmix i/o stopped powering up. These sessions are not only my future livelihood But six years of past work. Please help! Thank you
Old 02-17-2010, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Pro tools shuts down after opening certain sessions

We will need more info on what kind of system you have to help you out. Possibly a sandra report down the line also. Are you running XP, What service pack? did you do any updates recently and what were they. Alot of info we need from you.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:18 PM

Sorry for not providing enough details. I Have a custom PC with an ASUS cpu. I'm Running XP Professional Service pack 3. I have not done any updates But i have installed some plug ins recently (various Antares and Native instruments). I just uninstalled those plug ins to see if that was the problem and actually i can now open most sessions but there are still a few that shut down pro tools with no error message. Any advice would be appriciated. Thank you.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:32 PM

Delete your preferences folder.

Program files>common files>digidesign>DAE>preferences<

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com