Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-04-2002, 02:22 PM

Default monitor outputs don\'t work...what happened?

My monitor outputs used to work and now they don't!

I know my cables, amp, and speakers work alright--I'm using the main outs to monitor.

Monitor Mode doesn't work, even through headphones (if headphones work in monitor mode, I don't know).

It just would be nice to be able to use my volume knob instead of a virtual fader.

Please help me!
Old 02-04-2002, 02:28 PM

Default Re: monitor outputs don\'t work...what happened?

Maybe someone here's gonna be able to find your solution without further infos, I know I won't...
What's your precise set up in term of connections (001 outs to?..../001 ins to?.../ Mixer?speakers?Digital-Analogue?...)?
If you create a master fader in one session, do the meters move?...etcetc...More infos needed.
Old 02-04-2002, 03:15 PM

I guess my question should be:

My Pro Tools LE 5.1 works fine. A-OK. I'm on a Mac G4 and it works fine. My master fader and its meter are just fine.

My main outputs work. I am plugging them directly into my amp with balanced cables. Everything is fine. Even routing the output to any of the other outputs (3&4, 5&6, 7&8) works fine.

The Questions Are...

Why am I getting signal from the main outs but not from the monitor outs? I mean, if I CRANK my amp I can hear the faintest, faintest signal coming through. I can toggle from Monitor Mode on/off and hear the difference.

I just got the idea that maybe that the digi001 had some common monitor output glitches.

And why would my Monitor Mode not work properly? I mean, it's supposed to work even when my computer is turned off...

I am boggled.
Old 02-04-2002, 03:49 PM

if i am correct the monitor outs will patch the inputs 3&4 to the monitor out when pressed (or not, cant try, havent got a digi001 to try...). Hope this helps

Bastiaan
Old 02-04-2002, 06:28 PM

thank you for trying to help.

I know how the Monitor Mode works, but it simply won't work. I'm just trying to make use of the handy volume knob for my monitoring levels.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:18 PM

When you say the Monnitor Mode doesn't work, do you mean you can't hear Pro Tools OR the computer when you switch the switch?

Sometimes the plugs on my system don't do in all the way. Check that when you plug in the speaker lines.

Did you change anything in the routing set up?

Check that you do have the chanel strips assigned to the standard outs.

The headphone jack will send exactly what the monitor speakers will hear. Since you don't hear the headphones, I am guessing it is something in the internal 001 routing.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.