How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 12:56 PM

Default ZzzoooooomM question

hey,
is there any way to be able to view the track you're recording to be the full width of the screen (left to right) as opposed to having the beginning of the take always realign itself dead center of the edit window?

Every now and again, i can make that work on a PT 5.0.1 '888' system... but it won't let me with my home, 6.7 LE version...

example: hit record, use 'magnifying glass' to select the start and "present" section of the recorded track in progress.

it's kind of frustrating... can't see the point.

THANKS
=
Old 01-19-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: ZzzoooooomM question

alt click on the magnifying glass.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:20 PM

-
cheekypaul... i had such high hopes after alt-clicking the mag. glass using TDM... but alas, 6.7 LE still irritates me...

alt-click the mag. glass doesn't change a thing. do you think i should re-install?

Thanks!
jim
=
Old 01-20-2005, 01:00 AM

sorry , i should have added that you need to have the area you want resizing selected.
howzat?
Old 01-20-2005, 08:32 AM

-
ahhhh...

dilemna:
that trick totally works on this PT 6.1.2 LE system... but i think that we would just assume hit "e" if we already had a selection that we wanted to fill the screen...

also a bit peculiar, is that i don't have this "snap to center" hang-up on 6.1.2 (like i have on 6.7 (@ home)

example: i can hit record (Pt 6.1.2) and use the mag.glass to zoom from the beginning to the end of the current "record-enabled track in progress" and it will fill the screen (<- to ->) without having to make a selection, or alt-click.

so... i'm a bit confused still.

thank you for the follow-up, though, cheekypaul!

i will try this again, though, when i get back home... perhaps it's a new "default" setting to render the left half of your edit window rather useless, visually, while you're recording... so this alt-click may change that setting.

still trying...
jim
=