Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Application Launch Failure - HELP!!!

-
dog... i had this problem just last nite too!... i had to go back into OS 9, PT FREE (!!!) ...that was fun... (hey digi, please put "a..z" in PT Free

The only thing *I* recently did, was use bombich's CCC after partitioning my start-up drive for OS9 & OSX... However, PT6.7 worked fine two days ago (after the cloning)... but not last nite with my client...

Thanks for the ideas, folks... i will try my best to fix this, as well. I reinstalled OSX, updated to 10.3.5... but no luck... and if it looks like reinstalling PT won't work either... the "new administrator" should do the trick, ay?

[What is the deal with this software?! seriously. I'm not mad at Digi... nor Apple... but hell... I mean, truly... it's a new problem every other day... OK that's an exaggeration... but for sure way more often than i'd like]

jim
G4 002R
10.3.7 (now)
PT6.7cs5 (but really says "cs3" in the 'info box.')
=
Old 01-24-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Application Launch Failure - HELP!!!

Quote:
-
dog... i had this problem just last nite too!... i had to go back into OS 9, PT FREE (!!!) ...that was fun... (hey digi, please put "a..z" in PT Free

The only thing *I* recently did, was use bombich's CCC after partitioning my start-up drive for OS9 & OSX... However, PT6.7 worked fine two days ago (after the cloning)... but not last nite with my client...

Thanks for the ideas, folks... i will try my best to fix this, as well. I reinstalled OSX, updated to 10.3.5... but no luck... and if it looks like reinstalling PT won't work either... the "new administrator" should do the trick, ay?

[What is the deal with this software?! seriously. I'm not mad at Digi... nor Apple... but hell... I mean, truly... it's a new problem every other day... OK that's an exaggeration... but for sure way more often than i'd like]

jim
G4 002R
10.3.7 (now)
PT6.7cs5 (but really says "cs3" in the 'info box.')
=
Well, what worked for me was an all out redo on everything. i reinstalled my OS X and then carefully installed things one at a time. Everything is working with Protools 6.4 and OS 10.3.5. I also put back my reason demo and my full sampletank2 XL. Next I'll be installing my full version of Amplitube and eventually my full version of T-Racks and my Live (demo). I've been doing one piece at a time and checking everything out carefully, then moving onto the next. It is a huge pain to have to reinstall everything so if there is something messing it all up, I want to pinpoint where it is. I honestly think that my major issues occurred in the upgrade to OS 10.3.7.

The best advice I can give is when you have a stable system, don't upgrade until all the kinks are worked out. Wait until you see no postings on this board about crashes with the newest updates...unless, ofcourse, you need the update to save your system. I had everything running nice and smooth, and then I had to upgrade like an idiot and now back to square one.
OS 10.4.6
002 mixing board w/ PT 7.1.1cs