Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2011, 07:13 PM

Default Where do I get my account with product info if registered a boxed product?

If I go to support page, I get links to all sort of plans (none for PT9, except HD) - (gee, should I pay for this anyway ?...) I did have an ASC code when I purchased, but it's no longer valid. Plus there's no way I can find my registration info (at least I could have access to a *full installer* for 9.0.5 and start from scratch...

I have registered the *boxed* product, but their online ''master account'' does not have it - I do have the confirmation email though, worthless. I'm almost up to the point of selling my licence for almost nothing ! (Someone knows how and where exactely, to find registered products when they're not downloads???...
Old 08-30-2011, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Where do I get my account with product info if registered a boxed product?

If you registered it before the change to the new website, then you and I are in the same boat. I'm still waiting on their answer on this one.

Wave-T.com
Old 08-30-2011, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Where do I get my account with product info if registered a boxed product?

And who, how, when did you contact them fir this? I purchased and registered in April 26 this year: was this before that change ?

Between us, does this make sense to pay $600 for a software for which the vendor won't even recognize you and keep you waiting for such a vasic (but damn crucial) matter?

I never had such a problem, even with big players such as Adobe which i have once believed to be just a statistic, not a client - but guess what? Was so easy to talk to someone! Ok i will avoid to mention other names, to remain "ethical".,. But without getting into philosophy, are they "ethical" towards clients?.... Fact seems to be: they don't give a damn! Should they help me solve my issues tomorrow, i will apoligize and change this post tomorrow!

Cheers
Rob
Old 08-30-2011, 09:36 PM

The change to the website happened 2 years ago if I remember right.

And I called Avid about it, and yes paid for it. Although they said they would get back to me when they found out where the problem was, I imagine they never did find the problem or someone forgot to call back. Happens, such is life and I bought an other copy since, so that's a matter closed to me.

Not sure if this will help you, but it's worth a shot.

Wave-T.com