Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2001, 09:46 PM

Default Help...Advice needed re ATTO Setup

I'm about to take delivery on a Mix Plus system. Currently, I have an 001 and am using an Adaptec 2906 card in order to use my SCSI CD burner.

When the system comes, and I install the ATTO Dual channel card, and the two Digi Cards in the Mix Plus system, that will fill up the slots on my G4 400. Does this mean I'm out of luck for using my CD burner, or can the burner be simply attached to one of the two 18 gig drives I'll have hanging off the ATTO card?

Thanks
Old 04-21-2001, 06:19 AM

Default Re: Help...Advice needed re ATTO Setup

Hey Tom - First a question… is the CD burner a Narrow device? (if unsure, get info in FWB… Narrow is 8 bits, Wide is 16 bits).

If CD burner is indeed Narrow: both 18 Gig drives on ATTO channel 1; CD burner on ATTO channel 2 with step-down terminator from Wide to Narrow bus BEFORE connecting to the burner (gives 18 extra pins proper termination), then Active terminator on the burner's other SCSI connector. My CD burner & DDS3 drive weren't happy with passive termination.

Warmest Regards,
Brian
Old 04-22-2001, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Help...Advice needed re ATTO Setup

Or if you do put the burner on a chain with a hard drive, make sure it is last in the chain.