Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-21-2009, 02:55 PM

Default Distortion from right output of Mbox1 problem

Hey,
I 've been getting a distorted output from the right side of my Mbox1. I'm pretty sure its hardware related since I A/B'd with my flatmates Mbox1. When I play a single track of recorded acoustic guitar the right side of the output distorts and is much limper than the left output. I thought it was my headphones so I replaced them but its still there wether I use the jack socket or the mini jack. If I play the accoustic track through my flatmates Mbox1 there is no distortion and it sounds perfect, volume knobs for both Mbox's are the same and the track is far from clipping, in fact the master fader barely registers a quarter. It happens no matter what music I play though it is more pronounced in loud full mixes. Any thoughts on what might be causing this and if theres an easy fix???

Just as a footnote:
Through the past few years I've destroyed 3 amplifiers that have all blown on the right hand side. I thought it strange the coincidence but eventually discovered one of my Monitors had a ripped cone and figured that maybe it was the culprit. I thinking now that the Mbox has been the problem all along.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Distortion from right output of Mbox1 problem

Well, it unfortunately sounds broken. I think you'll have to contact support for this one. Or find if there's an exchange program going on and trade it in for something new.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Distortion from right output of Mbox1 problem

It does seem that way.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 HDX
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com