Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2010, 08:09 PM

Default Rewiring Reason 4 into Pro Tools

I found out how to plugin Reason, but for some reason everytime it loads up into pro tools it says "reason couldnt setup the control surfaces properly".... the midi controller is having an error because its already being used by another application (pro tools)...it's like when pro tools is open reason can't recognize my midi controller anymore...I create a new track as an instrument track and insert reason as the plugin; and when reason loads it no longer recognizes my controller because of pro tools interference with the midi port...does anyone have any suggestions? I want to use the sounds from reason and record them as tracks in pro tools. I'd appreciate any help thank you.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:44 AM

Default Re: Rewiring Reason 4 into Pro Tools

The ReWire slave is not supposed to setup the MIDI controller. All of that is handled by the ReWire host.

If you've ReWired properly, selection of the Reason instrumentation via PT will allow you to use your controller to "use the sounds" from Reason.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halifaxer12 View Post
I found out how to plugin Reason, but for some reason everytime it loads up into pro tools it says "reason couldnt setup the control surfaces properly".... the midi controller is having an error because its already being used by another application (pro tools)...it's like when pro tools is open reason can't recognize my midi controller anymore...I create a new track as an instrument track and insert reason as the plugin; and when reason loads it no longer recognizes my controller because of pro tools interference with the midi port...does anyone have any suggestions? I want to use the sounds from reason and record them as tracks in pro tools. I'd appreciate any help thank you.
Ongoing problem. Looking for fix. Another thread on main page

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=277676
Old 08-04-2010, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Another Reason Rewire Issue: Rewiring Reason 4 into Pro Tools

Hello,

I'm not sure how to answer your question. I'm so clueless that I can't figure out how to start a new thread, so I'm sorry for jumping in here with a related question.

I'm able to rewire Reason 4 into ProTools 7.4LE, and I'm able to load up stored Reason files. While in the session, all works well.

My problem, though, lies in closing one session and opening another with a Reason rewire...or for that matter, closing down completely and starting back up a some point in the future.

What happens is...the most recent Reason file loaded magically appears in all sessions with a Reason rewire. The only fix I've found is to remove the plug-in, save the session, close down ProTools, start back up, rewire Reason, load up the right file and go.

But then, that file that I loaded up finds it's way to the session that I'd just fixed, before opening this there one.

Now, this might be a minor issue, but when mixing a 16-track+ long album, forgive me, but it becomes just a bit more than annoying.

Sorry again for jumping into this thread. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Darryl
Old 08-04-2010, 11:17 PM

All i had to do was turn off the "use with reason" option in the keyboard and control surfaces and prestooo. It had both rewiring at once so I had to turn it off in reason. Hope that helps.