Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2021, 09:57 PM

Default Pro Tools Subscription Discount for Perpetual License Holders - entirely separate?

I've been reading up on the details of the Pro Tools Annual Subscription Discount for Perpetual License Holders which is currently on offer.

As I understand it, the offer is for an entirely separate subscription license. As best I can tell, if I'm a holder of a perpetual license with an expired support plan, taking advantage of the subscription promotion would not prevent me from applying a previously-purchased update&support-plan reinstatement code to my perpetual license in future. Are any Avid folk able to confirm this?

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:43 PM

Default Pro Tools Subscription Discount for Perpetual License Holders - entirely separate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove.nz View Post
I've been reading up on the details of the Pro Tools Annual Subscription Discount for Perpetual License Holders which is currently on offer.

As I understand it, the offer is for an entirely separate subscription license. As best I can tell, if I'm a holder of a perpetual license with an expired support plan, taking advantage of the subscription promotion would not prevent me from applying a previously-purchased update&support-plan reinstatement code to my perpetual license in future. Are any Avid folk able to confirm this?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

I can’t confirm with absolute authority, but I would concur with your assumption.

It appears that the subscription is entirety seperate. It’s just an offer to perpetual license owners so it should not prevent you from utilising your reinstatement on your perpetual license at a later date.

Maybe send AVID support an email for confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sardi; 10-18-2021 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Subscription Discount for Perpetual License Holders - entirely separate

Thanks for the reply, Sardi, much appreciated. It looks like you're correct.

I've gone ahead with purchasing the subscription, so if anyone else is in the same position, I can confirm that I've received the annual subscription license, I've still retained my perpetual license, and the perpetual license is still showing the field in my account to enter a reinstatement code.