Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2021, 08:42 AM

Default Re: is HEAT included and HOW to enable it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
NO!

Cheers!
Exactly! Not included sorry. Only in SUBSCRIPTION and support plans are NOT subscriptions. So there is a lower price for HEAT If you wanna buy a license.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-17-2021, 09:04 AM

Just some sympathy for everyone... Avid has two different licensing schemes (license with update plan, and subscription) and it is not so clear for most. Many are thinking the yearly update plan renewal is "subsctiption" but it is not.

Subscription is the kind of licensing where you have access to latest software and support, but once you stop paying you cannot use the software at all.

Licensing means your license keeps working but without paying for update plan you cannot get updates.

Writing on the wall says there may be a day when everyone is on subscription, but so far you can choose.
Old 02-17-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Just some sympathy for everyone... Avid has two different licensing schemes (license with update plan, and subscription) and it is not so clear for most. Many are thinking the yearly update plan renewal is "subsctiption" but it is not.

Subscription is the kind of licensing where you have access to latest software and support, but once you stop paying you cannot use the software at all.

Licensing means your license keeps working but without paying for update plan you cannot get updates.

Writing on the wall says there may be a day when everyone is on subscription, but so far you can choose.
Avid, is perplexing things up on purpose, if you ask me. All these shenanigans confuse users and create more stress in their support, which is not nominated for the "best of the decade (or ever)" customer support service...right?

Avid likes the word play. Annual plan is a "subscription" since one pays every year for it as the actual subscription which one pays every month or year. Eventually, in people's mind is equal.

Now maybe Avid should give a different name to their Subscription products, like RentTools and RentTools Ultimate to avoid the confusion and people know what they buy. Just a thought!

Cheers!
Old 02-17-2021, 09:57 AM

Wirding is everything, right? What changes if PT licencing model called "perpetual licence with support and upgrade plan" would be called "you can use the version you bought and can only get updates so long as your uodate plan is active, and hey there is no promise of future reinstatements in case tou let your plan lapse"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2021, 09:58 AM

No I am not drunk just typing on phone. Disregard the typos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2021, 12:48 AM

I have a Heat iLok license if someone wants to buy it. P.M. Me!
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.11 | Dolby Atmos Render 5.2 & Album Assembler 1.3 | RME BabyFace Pro FS | UA Native Plugins & Sphere LX | SSL UC1 | 2023 Mac Studio M2 Max 12 Core CPU 38 Core GPU | MacOs 13.5.0 | Genelec 8020D & Yamaha MSP10 | Korg Kronos LS | Sonarworks Sound ID | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | DT 880 PRO | DT 770 Pro | etc.

Last edited by ZoeMusic; 02-18-2021 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:32 AM

The HEAT button (supposedly in the mix window) disappears. Sometimes restart brings it back. Sometimes not. This has been going on in recent months. The impact is significant for a working studio.

Please don't tell me to read the manual, check my iLok, activate in the Options menu or ask if I have the subscription. Rather, review this graphic

Old 09-25-2021, 08:45 AM

HEAT is installed with PT standard or ultimate (normal) install, it will show up if you have the license.
Old 10-07-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
HEAT is installed with PT standard or ultimate (normal) install, it will show up if you have the license.
Me:

Hi, I'm a long-time user and a member of the first class of Certified (Digidesign) Pro Tools operators for music production. I'm experiencing issues with HEAT that are new.

You:

If you have a license, it works. You must not have a license.

Me: Wow. So you're saying I am obviously too dumb to know that or check my iLok ... Which, just to be clear, was the first thing I did when trouble shooting this. But hey, I'm too dumb to do this.

Old 09-18-2023, 02:32 PM

Hopefully the OP got HEAT installed and activated by now, but FYI I have a permanent license to Pro Tools Ultimate and a support plan and HEAT works for me.

Y'all take care,
Robert
Houston, TX