Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 08:06 AM

Default Bigger i/o setup Page

OK, i don't complain too much but most guys I know are running a 19" inch screen or bigger... I think the i/o setup page and the entire way i/o 's are saved & inported can be improved upon... but regardless of that it would be so nice if the i/o setup page could at least be expanded to fit the screen... to take advantage of most people's 19 & 23 inch screens... & let us avoid dragging connections past the screen and not being able to see the entire i/o "patch bay" is kind of a drag !! ...... how hard could that be to implement... ??

Thanks Tom...
Old 02-19-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Bigger i/o setup Page

People have been asking for this for a long, long time... so far it hasn't been addressed. Maybe the powers that be will have mercy on us and implement it. And while they're at it, make the Disk Allocation window expandable, too.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:52 AM

Yes! Please!! I have heard rumors that they have tried, but that it has been very difficult for them to fix. The entire I/O setup page is a nightmare for just about everyone who exchanges sessions with other users or works at a commercial studio. On one hand, it is nice that is so flexible in its routing options, but 99% of the time we don't need output 1 to feed the 5th output on the 3rd 192. Since users have to go in and monkey with this page so often, the fact that you can't even see the entire setup due to the page size is just like some adding some lemon juice to your paper cut! There has to be a better way.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:51 AM

Oh man, the i/o setup window is deluxe compaired to the Disk Allocation window. What's up with that thing? Would it be so hard to make it larger that a postage stamp?
Old 02-19-2005, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Oh man, the i/o setup window is deluxe compaired to the Disk Allocation window. What's up with that thing? Would it be so hard to make it larger that a postage stamp?
LMAO ! That was SO well said.

I agree with this. I just had to do a configuration on a huge system yesterday and it was a nightmare.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:38 PM

Yes, please.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 02-19-2005, 11:43 PM

and track names could shrink a little less...swooshy synth 6 becomes ssnh6 or some crap i got no idea what it is.

Da-nick-str = Nick Dellos
Old 02-19-2005, 11:45 PM

oops almost forgot..."how 'bout it, Digi?"

Da-nick-str = Nick Dellos