Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2013, 03:40 PM

Default AVID staff please help with this question???

I may have asked this already and may have already been placed into the right direction, however the response I was given from a user on here was still quite dry.

There are a few ways to purchase pro-tools, a few areas on the web to purchase the software. However, my question is and I will be simple and thorough as I possibley can.

I currently have pro tools le 8 installed on a Windows 7 system ( I dont think the specs matter). I am currently awaiting my brand new mac system which should arrive tomarrow Monday, I also do not think mentioning the specs matter because I already know what specs are needed and that is already clarified.

I understand that the Pro tools le 8 is not only out-dated but it is not supported anymore and anything lower than pro-tools 9 is not compatible with Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8).

Now with that said... Since I've purchased the Pro-tools Le 8 about a year or two ago which came with an Mbox 2 Mini, when I upgrade to the Pro-tools 10 do I lose the functionality of the Mbox 2 Mini and would it currently become obsolete (I plan on purchasing an mbox pro in the future to make use of the fire-wire connection but that is another conversation for a later date).

So.... overall the conclusive questions are.

WHICH purchase do I make on either the avid store website or any website that is a reseller for protools and avid productions do I make from the pro-tools le 8 to the pro-tools 10? (because I obviously will not be installing the pro tools le 8 on the Mac Mini).

Do I purchase the upgrade/cross-grade for the near 400 dollars OR do I purchase the full version at nearly 700 dollars?

Or does either purchase even matter? Can I have an explaination on that as thoroughly as possible.

ALSO.... will my interface be compatible still with the Pro-tools 10? (Again I have a Mbox 2 Mini that came with the now obsolete pro-tools le 8).

Links are cool for refference... but I need explainative information rather than direction of where to buy. I need some verifiable confirmation to what I have to purchase and avoid making a purchase of high expense.

Much appreciated Avid, thank you!