Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Setting up transport controls with Oxygen in PT

Alright, I apologize, I tried to make too much of the tutorial. I installed the profile into the right folder, sure enough, there was CS-10 under the MIDI Controllers tab. I went into Enigma and fiddled around, eventually (I assume I did this right) assigned my transport buttons to the MMC commands, saved the preset, sent it to my Oxygen, and hoped for the best. Well, upon trial in PT, nothing happened again. I tried using the Enigma commands, then I tried using the commands from the Oxygen manual, but still nothing happens in Pro Tools.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:37 PM

Did you recall the preset number that you assigned the controls to on the oxygen? If not, it won't work.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 12-06-2007, 11:15 PM

Yes, I did. Again, isn't there supposed to be a MMC Slave box in the Perhipherals window under the MIDI machine tab? I don't have that box.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:40 PM

Did my tutorial say anything about MMC?

This has nothing to do with MMC.

There must be something you are missing. With the problems that you have had so far, I think that is highly likely. (sorry... ) Try going through the tutorial again carefully.

I've done this procedure successfully with 4 different devices; one dedicated control surface, and 3 different MIDI controllers (two of which have tutorials on my site).

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Old 12-07-2007, 12:47 PM

Cool, I've got it working, but this new problem is kind of whack, and you mention nothing like this in your tutorial. I'm working on a session with a MIDI track right now, and any button I use EXCEPT the rewind button has no problem with the session at all, but if I use the rewind button at all, the MIDI track starts to play with overtones, almost sounding like feedback. But again, it's only if I use the rewind command for whatever reason. Play, stop, forward all work fine.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:49 PM

I took a quick look at my Xpand channel, and it turns out that the Resonance knob in Xpand turns all the way up when I press my rewind button. Any thoughts on how that's fixed?
Old 12-07-2007, 12:55 PM

Alright, sorry for the triple post. Another problem is that either after a few minutes, or after I use one of the CC knobs, all the transport command buttons stop working. I have to completely exit out of PT and start again in order for it to work again.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:27 PM

Congratulations! Gald you got it working. Finally...
Quote:
I took a quick look at my Xpand channel, and it turns out that the Resonance knob in Xpand turns all the way up when I press my rewind button. Any thoughts on how that's fixed?
Sounds like that button isn't mapped correctly, or XPand is using the same CC. Try assigning the resonance knob to a different control.
Quote:
Another problem is that either after a few minutes, or after I use one of the CC knobs, all the transport command buttons stop working. I have to completely exit out of PT and start again in order for it to work again.
I've got no clue on that one.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Alright, sorry for the triple post. Another problem is that either after a few minutes, or after I use one of the CC knobs, all the transport command buttons stop working. I have to completely exit out of PT and start again in order for it to work again.
I think I might have accidentally mapped some panic command on one of the knobs, because it's not an issue anymore. I'll take a look at the resonance knob some more. Thanks for the help, man. I really appreciate it.