Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 05-12-2021, 02:49 AM

Default Dark Theme + Volume

Any help in finding out on how to turn my Protools First in dark mode, if available please? And also, how can I turn down all my tracks automation volume lines up or down at the same time, so to avoid clipping the main outs? Instead of doing this track by track? As there seems to be no Groups option either for this! :-( Any help appreciated - Best Brian
Old 05-12-2021, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Dark Mode + Volume

Not a PT First user, but assuming they use the same methods(not always safe):
1-Dark mode is a selection on the first tab of Preferences
2-One way is to enable the ALL group>Show volume automation(with the ALL group enabled, all tracks should go to this view)>drag any volume line down and all should move the same amount. Another option which I use a lot: I open the TRIM plugin, set it for -8 and then set the plugin to default to that setting. Then(after removing that instance), I hold the Alt key and add the TRIM plugin in the last slot of all tracks. Then immediately delete the plugin from any AUX tracks as you probably don't want to lower them(assuming they are fed by post-fade sends)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-12-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVmusic View Post
Any help in finding out on how to turn my Protools First in dark mode, if available please? And also, how can I turn down all my tracks automation volume lines up or down at the same time, so to avoid clipping the main outs? Instead of doing this track by track? As there seems to be no Groups option either for this! :-( Any help appreciated - Best Brian

You can't enable the Dark Mode in the Preferences window because Pro Tools | First doesn't have a Preference Window 🙁.

You can't use Groups to change Volume Automation for multiple Tracks because Pro Tools | First doesn't have the Groups feature 🙁.
http://DingDingMusic.com/
YouTube Channel Music Tech Explained https://YouTube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/
Old 05-12-2021, 05:48 PM

Hmmmm, Once again, I'll recommend one of 2 things;
1-buy the "real" version of Pro Tools so you don't keep smashing your head against the wall over things PTF doesn't do. Or.....
2-use a different DAW. If you want to spend nothing, or nearly nothing, Audacity(free), Reaper(cheap) and Cakewalk by Bandcamp(formerly known as Sonar), also free. Audacity is not really a music production DAW, but is fine for podcasting. The other two programs are highly capable(they do pretty much anything Pro Tools does, but they just aren't Pro Tools(much like Logic Pro, CuBase, Studio One, Ableton Live and several others). At the end of the day, most any of these programs can do pretty much anything you will ever need

It mostly comes down to whether you really need "Pro Tools" vs "an audio recording program that can do all kinds of music"

Old 05-13-2021, 07:07 AM

Thanks Edgar, Dave
Old 05-13-2021, 07:57 AM

Sorry to sound like Debbie Downer Its just that PTFirst leaves out so many features that it gets frustrating explaining(and each new question seems to bring a new surprise). PTFirst does a lot of things for no money and certainly is miles ahead of the old Pro Tools Free(but that's so 20th century).

Old 05-13-2021, 01:41 PM

Dark mode is official advertised to be available on PT First. Everybody can see that on the comparism chart for Pro Tools. The fact that this feature is still not available brings Questions from users like this. It‘s not the fault of the user.

You can do a lot with PTF - outside darkmode - so please be patient and hope that this feature will come in the next version.

Best

MacBook Pro 13, Mid 2012, 10 GB, 250 GB Crucial MX
macOs 11.6.5 / Windows 10
Wavelab Elements 11

Music was my first love - shine on