Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2008, 09:57 AM

Default No activation code?!?!

After waiting ALL this time to get Pro Tools 8, I was shocked that when I opened the box this morning and wanted to start the installation process... my activation card had NO activation code?!?! It's just completely blank. I'm currently on hold with Sweetwater, who I bought it from, but I've been on hold for over 20 minutes, so... I did get the Software UPGRADE. Does this make a difference? Just the word upgrade makes me think that I could somehow use my previous activation for 7.4.2, but the installation instructions do not make it sound that way. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thank you!

Ps, if Sweetwater is going to keep people on hold this long, they should really get some more interesting waiting music.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:01 AM

Default Re: No activation code?!?!

I haven't upgraded yet, but I believe there is no activation code, no iLok, just a serial as in previous versions of LE.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:09 AM

PT8 is I-lok authorization
Old 12-18-2008, 10:12 AM

I understand about the no ilok thing, but the purpose of the activation code was to get the authorization code, which I really really need to even open the program. The typical PTLExxxxx authorization code I can't find anywhere and I believe the only way of getting it is with the activation code in Mydigi on the site.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:23 AM

Ok, so Pro tools 8 is i-lok based. That's fine. I still need my activation code, so I can activate it and receive my authorization code. Any other ideas where the missing activation code could've gone? Anybody else having the same problem?
Old 12-18-2008, 10:25 AM

PT 8 is ilok, huh? I d/l'd mine this morning, but Im at the office and haven't had a chance to mess with it yet.

http://overtheeffect.bandcamp.com
Old 12-18-2008, 10:29 AM

Pro Tools LE 8 *Is Not* an iLok license. It's a registered serial number.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:34 AM

In the "Unused Activations" section in MyDigi, there is nothing about PT 8, no activations, literally nothing. Just got off the phone with someone from Sweetwater who said I apparently got an activation card where the PRINTER of all things messed up. So now I'm back to waiting on the phone with Sweetwater support trying to get another activation code.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:43 PM

This is some BullS**t, I just opened my pro tools le 8 upgrade box that I also got from sweetwater today and the same thing, no activation code printed on the card, I mean c'mon, A BAD PRINTER!!, this is not some mom & pop operation, THIS IS FREAKIN DIGIDESIGN!!! I have been using pro tools le since the 001 and pro tools le 5 and I must say that this is the BIGGEST DISAPOINTMENT TO DATE!!! I mean that's like buying a brand new cadillac with no gas in the tank, can't go no damn where. I am not in anyway blaming sweetwater, I mean they got them in and got them out, good job, but the person who's job it was to put the activation code card in the box at digidesign, SHOULD BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:48 PM

I was so frustrated earlier as well, but I figured hey... waited this long, what's another day or so? Anddd... within hours of calling Sweetwater I had an activation code in my e-mail and I'm running PT8 as I type this. The Sweetwater Rep called Digi and their tech support e-mailed me an activation code and then follow the instructions that came with the DVD and everything works great. Hopefully your experience with Sweetwater/Digi will go as quick as mine did!