Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-31-2007, 05:32 AM

Default Search function in \"import audio\" window useless

Since 7.3.1 OS 10.4.8, I've noticed a OS X like search bar in the "import audio" window. Great idea!
But when displaying the search result, it's not possible to import them ("regions to import" window stays empty).
Double clicking on the audio file you want to import results in import audio window being closed.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Search function in \"import audio\" window usele

Yep,

I think Frank pointed that out last year - and that's actually when I first noticed that (due to the bug) completely useless feature.

Hope Digi can fix it with the next update.
Timothy
Old 01-31-2007, 06:38 AM

Haha, is it still broken? I think it never worked. At least since 6.4.1 . I just gave up on that function under 6.9 and haven´t tired it since then. It still would be great if it worked.
I guess it´s somewhere low in the bugs-to-fix-charts...

frank.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:18 AM

Yep, i'll second these thoughts. Wonderful idea, got excited to use it, and disappointed when I realized it had a bug and won't work.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:22 AM

But then again, we have the workbrowser which has a great search and add function.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:32 AM

Quote:
But then again, we have the workbrowser which has a great search and add function.
What´s cool behind the idea of the search in the import-window is that it seems to use the finder (spotlight) wich makes it 100 times faster than the workspace. And most-importantly you can control the playback volume in the import-window.

frank.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:28 AM

Quote:
What´s cool behind the idea of the search in the import-window is that it seems to use the finder (spotlight) wich makes it 100 times faster than the workspace.
And what's not so cool is that the first instruction in the Pro Tools installation instructions is that you must turn Spotlight off so that the application will run properly!

P.S. I just tried using the Search in the Import window and it is frustratingly tantalizing that you can actually search and find a list of (e.g.) dog barks, only to discover that they won't import...

Sonny Keyes
Ricochet Audio
Toronto

Rig 1: 2.8GHz Macbook Pro PT 12.7.1 Logic 10.3.2 Scarlett 18i20
Rig 2: 2.66 QuadCore Intel Xeon Logic 10.2.0 Scarlett 18i20 PTHD10.3.10
Old 01-31-2007, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Quote:
What´s cool behind the idea of the search in the import-window is that it seems to use the finder (spotlight) wich makes it 100 times faster than the workspace.
And what's not so cool is that the first instruction in the Pro Tools installation instructions is that you must turn Spotlight off so that the application will run properly!

P.S. I just tried using the Search in the Import window and it is frustratingly tantalizing that you can actually search and find a list of (e.g.) dog barks, only to discover that they won't import...

Well, there you go. Maybe they should entirely remove this feature to end this episode. Search won´t work when you turn off spotlight and even if you leave it on it won´t work either. ;-)

frank.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:38 AM

Hi Sonny,
I seem to remember a Spotlight-related key command that needed to be disabled before installing PT, but I'm using Spotlight itself as "half-a-search-engine" regularly. No crashes, but would this possibly be why my system (since 7.2) takes 30 sec or so sometimes to recover from an Import Audio operation?

IMDB

Puget Sound on Facebook
Old 01-31-2007, 09:37 AM

i rarelt used it, but, for several reasons, i tried using it the other day... NADA! broken. doesn't find ANYTHING! not even "a".

i thought i was being stupid somewhow. i tried it again. couldn't get it to find anything.

i was gonna post something until i saw this.

it seems embarrassing to have such a simple feature broken like that. Digi, how involved is it for a simple fix for somthing like this? any word on when?

thanks for listening.
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash