Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-07-2005, 10:13 AM

Default (-9136) Error Hardware Buffer

So i see this post on a lot of these boards, but can't seem to find anything that will work for my problem. I am currently running Pro Tools LE 6.4 with an M-Box on a Power Mac G5 dual 1.8 with 1.5 ram. I am useing osc 10.3.9, which I found out in other posts that this isn't a comptable operating system. 1st I guess I would like to know how I can downgrade my OS.

My error message happens no matter how many tracks I have even if its one playing back a kick drum track. It happens on Playback, Recording and bouncing. It usally happens rather quickly on playback within 7 seconds or so. This problem came about after my Digirewire crashed and still havent gotten that fixed even with help. I would love and advice or help or anything.

I can live without rewire, but as of now my Production studio so shutdown well useing protools in that studio is shut down and would love any help.

Thanks again,
Ross
5280 Sound
Old 09-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Avid

Default Re: (-9136) Error Hardware Buffer

Which USB port do you have the Mbox plugged into?

You should try a different USB port on the computer, which may help.

Also go through all the steps in the 'OSX Setup and General Troubleshooting' sticky at the top of this forum.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:44 AM

A Breath of fresh air!!!! I talked to an assistant who said that we did switch the M-Box to a different USB and when I switched it over "BOOM" works like a Charm. Thanks for that easy Help... If you have any advice for me on how to fix my Digirewire Plug-In i am all ears, but I really do thank you for the help with the Hardware Buffer issue, which is now SOLVED.

Thanks Again,
Ross Unruh
5280 Sound
Old 09-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Avid

Regarding the DigiRewire problem - what are the symptoms, exactly?

Depending on the problem, you may need to uninstall/reinstall Pro Tools or one or more of your ReWire applications to restore functionality.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:41 PM

The DigiRewire problem seemed to come on out of the blue I had installed some plug-in's like Pluggo as well as a few others and it seemed to work fine for about 2 weeks. Then all of a sudden when i would click to Load Pro Tools it would begin to load and then when to got to the Digirewire it would crash. I have pulled the digirewire out of my plug in's folder and placed it on my desktop and it loads up and works fine.

I have already fully uninstalled pro tools as well as my numerous amounts of Plug Ins and re installed pro-tools and still having the smae problem. I have not reinstalled any of my plug in's in order to trouble shoot this problem. I have heard a guy around the studio saying to could be the fact i am running 10.3.9, but wouldn't know why this would have been a sudden occurence. I have also heard that my VST-Rtas converter might also cause the problem, but when talking to them they say they have had no problems and this program as also uninstalled along with my Plug-ins.

So as of now I am kinda at a stand still. Re-wire is not an important part of my production o stduo for the simple fact we run several other programs, but would love the no hassel re-wire since pro tools still is the best editing software around. Thanks for your past help and let me know iif you have any suggestions on how I can get this working.

Thanks Again,
Ross Unruh
5280 Sound