Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 04-15-2024, 07:22 AM

Default Pro Tools Studio Perpetual EDU Update Plan

Hi,

i´m back on Pro Tools and need an advise.

Since my last time there have been some changes in the proof of eligbility for EDU. The new form wants a number or e-mail from my school which they don´t have, because they're not in the database. For me it´s very confusing and i wonder if I'm easier with converting my EDU Perpetual License to a regular License, just because it´s more hassle free for Germans (missing translation in the form and so on).

How do i convert to a Standard Pro Tools Studio Version from a EDU Version. I am not wanting to go Subscription!!!! I only need to get a version that is Apple silicon native - my last version is 2022.7, which runs on Silicon, but a bit laggy.

Thanks for helping me out and best greetings from Germany
Michael

MacBook Pro 13, Mid 2012, 16 GB, 250 GB Crucial MX
macOs Sonoma 14.4.1 / Windows 11
Wavelab 11.2 Elements

Music was my first love - shine on
Old 04-18-2024, 12:25 PM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools Studio Perpetual EDU Update Plan

Hi Netmania,

Right now, we have a manual way to convert Pro Tools EDU to a non-EDU. You may purchase a Pro Tools Perpetual upgrade from an Avid authorized dealer. That would be around $199, and once you have that, you may reach out to our support team https://www.avid.com/support or DM me so I can assist with the conversion of your EDU license into a non-EDU.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://avidtech.my.site.com/avidsup...t-support-page
Old 04-19-2024, 12:39 AM

Thank you Charles,

somehow i managed it to get approved. I selected the first option in my Account update Box which said Pro Tools Studio Perpetual Update Annual Subscription. I was very confused because i don´t want a subscription. I think it´s a little bit of misleading description. But i unchecked my box because i was unsure what i will get.

The last time i ordered something at Avid i got an Online chat help to sort these kind of things out.
Anyway - i am a bit busy and think i don´t need to hurry. My aprovement is now valid for 12 month - or not?

Best wishes and thanks
Michael

MacBook Pro 13, Mid 2012, 16 GB, 250 GB Crucial MX
macOs Sonoma 14.4.1 / Windows 11
Wavelab 11.2 Elements

Music was my first love - shine on
Old 04-19-2024, 06:47 AM
Avid

Hi Michael,

That's a relief. You EDU verification should be good for the next 9 months. After that you will need to re-verify if you wish to avail an EDU discount.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://avidtech.my.site.com/avidsup...t-support-page