Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 03-07-2023, 02:41 AM

Default Real-time vs OFFline bounce - LFE shifted?

Hey folks,

I am battling an oddity here - trying to collect stems for a project I am taking over, and the exported stems I got don't null with the fullmix.

I *think* it is an offline bounce vs realtime issue, the weird thing - it's the LFE that is offset between the two (small things like reverb etc. left aside). Roughly 1/5ish shift. Realtime is late compared.

Anybody ever experienced this? Might be a plugin in the chain... will try realtime exporting once I visit that facility again...
Old 03-07-2023, 06:25 AM

Default Re: Real-time vs OFFline bounce - LFE shifted?

I have found that if you are using any version of Pro Tools with the Hybrid engine, that the sub bus with the greatest delay compensation won't phase cancel against the printed stems.

Randall
Denver, CO
Old 03-07-2023, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Real-time vs OFFline bounce - LFE shifted?

One more thing...

After the Hyrbid engine, Pro Tools has become very particular about the output that you are sending things down.

I am doing some phase cancellation tests right now, for some stems that I bounced out.

Even though everything is going out my 'Hardware 1-8' feed, if one of the stems is going out a sub bus of that feed (Hardware 1 - 8 (1-6)) the surrounds won't cancel.

Same with tracks that I converted from 5.0 to 5.1. The outputs on the converted tracks were still going out the Hardware 1 - 8 (5.0)) out, but the surrounds wouldn't phase cancel out until I switched the output.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schottlandru View Post
Hey folks,

I am battling an oddity here - trying to collect stems for a project I am taking over, and the exported stems I got don't null with the fullmix.

I *think* it is an offline bounce vs realtime issue, the weird thing - it's the LFE that is offset between the two (small things like reverb etc. left aside). Roughly 1/5ish shift. Realtime is late compared.

Anybody ever experienced this? Might be a plugin in the chain... will try realtime exporting once I visit that facility again...
Denver, CO