Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 12-03-2022, 08:38 AM

Default iZotope RX Element Repair Assistant Not Visible in PT

Hello all,

I just purchased and installed iZotope RX Element. It installed and activated without any trouble. This is my first iZotope product and in ProTools the manufacturer "iZotope" populated in my list of plugins in my track Insert. However, the "Repair Assistant" plugin is missing. RX10 De-click, De-clip, De-hum, De-Reverb, Voice De-noise are all there and work just fine. Just Repair Assistant is missing.

I checked the Plugin folder on my Mac and Repair Assistant is there, tucked between De-Reverb and Voice De-noise, but it's not loading in PT. I did a plugin search on the Insert of PT track, wondering if maybe it got categorized outside of the iZotope folder. Nothing. One thing I noticed in the Plugin folder is that Repair Assistant is 95.9 MB, which is larger than any other plugin. There's no Plugin file size limit in PT, is there?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled iZotope RX Element and rebooted a couple of times. I put in a help ticket with iZotope, but they seem pretty backed up and haven't gotten back to me. Any ideas?!

I'm running PT Studio 2022.9.0 on a 2021 MacBook Pro (M1 Max) Monterey 12.6.1.

Thanks,
Skip B.
Old 01-05-2023, 02:29 PM

Default Re: iZotope RX Element Repair Assistant Not Visible in PT

Hi Skip B,

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I have exactly the same problem.
Interestingly the RX Repair Assistant shows up in Logic Pro, just fine.

I tried reloading the AAX plugins in Pro Tools by removing the InstalledAAXPlugIns file from the Library Preferences folder and although I saw the Repair Assistants name come up during the Pro Tools startup, it's still not listed in the plugins.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ribs
Old 01-05-2023, 04:20 PM

In Logic, you set RX as the Default Audio Editor for DAW integration.

Otherwise, in Pro Tools you use RX Connect.

I've never used Logic with RX, but I've never expected to use Repair Assistant in Pro Tools. I thought it was only an RX standalone editor feature, which 2 minutes of research arrived me at the link above with its explanation.
Too long, didn't read: it's working fine just as expected, so use RX Connect, or use the Repair Assistant in RX Standalone mode.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 01-05-2023, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribs View Post
Hi Skip B,

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I have exactly the same problem.
Interestingly the RX Repair Assistant shows up in Logic Pro, just fine.

I tried reloading the AAX plugins in Pro Tools by removing the InstalledAAXPlugIns file from the Library Preferences folder and although I saw the Repair Assistants name come up during the Pro Tools startup, it's still not listed in the plugins.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ribs
Hey Ribs,

Yes, I got it resolved and I feel like such an idiot. The Repair Assistant is an AudioSuite Plugin not a standard insert plugin in Pro Tools, which is where I was looking. It never dawned on me to look in the AudioSuite dropdown menu. The iZotope folks were very helpful and identified my issue immediately. I opened AudioSuite in ProTools and there it was! I'm sorry I have no experience with Logic. I'm not sure if you have an AudioSuite equivalent. Maybe someone here can help. Good luck!

Best,
Skip B.