Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2022, 02:59 PM

Default Moving installed virtual instruments like Air instruments and synthcell that came wit

Hello. I’m using a Mac- I already installed the V.Is to my laptop to use pro tools. The V.Is work just fine, but id like to move them out of my laptop to save some storage space. Im trying it out with AIR MUSIC TECHNOLOGY folder that came with pro tools. I seem to be able to drag it out of applications and into my preferred external ssd but when i open the virtual instrument in pro tools, it says it cant find it. I choose “browse” in the same window and nothing happens- also a new AIR MUSIC TECHNOLOGY folder appears back into my applications with the previously selected VI i was trying to use. Can anyone direct me as to what im doing wrong please? Thank you all.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Moving installed virtual instruments like Air instruments and synthcell that came

You don’t move the AAX plugin. Leave that where it is

You want to relocate the content folder to you ext. drive. Then the next time you open the plugin, you point it to the new direction of the content folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk