Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-07-2016, 06:16 AM

Default I Love Pro Tools

I love Pro Tools. I see an awful lot of bitching going on around here, so I just wanted to share something positive, even though I'm usually a pretty pessimistic guy myself.

I can't believe how easy it is to make music these days!

The things I can do with my computer now are amazing. Yes, we have to put a lot of work into getting our rigs properly set up and working out the glitches, but once that's done, recording music is like magic... it just happens at the push of a button! Playlists are awesome. Edits are lightning-fast. Do you realize how incredible it is that we can SEE the waveforms of our music? And now that I've finally memorized some keyboard shortcuts, I feel like I'm flying every time I sit in that seat. I just love it.

I've previously used PT 6, 7, and 8. By the way, 12.4 feels like a hundred-fold improvement for me over 8, so BIG THANKS to Avid for all that hard work!

Chime in if you have anything positive to say (I doubt many people will)!
Pro Tools Studio
www.studioaix.fr
Old 11-07-2016, 06:17 AM

Default Re: I Love Pro Tools

Good !! Have a nice day !
Old 11-07-2016, 06:33 AM

Default I Love Pro Tools

I would like to love Avid and Protools, but after 5 crashes last night, I find it just imposible. Mostly because I'm paying for an unstable software and I've been embarrassed many times in front of my clients because a group of genius can't make a decent daw, having label executives and artists watching how protools crash when I make a simple crossfade is not funny.

Every day I log in to the DUC hoping to see the news of an update that will fix the bugs (bugs that even avid has admitted), and well today... is no different, NO update yet. So no, I can't love protools, its a deep pain using it, but anyway... good for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2016, 06:43 AM

I'm with you, chrismeraz. Previously used 3,4,8,10,11, and now 12.6. Never suffered the problems others seem to have. I use PT because it works the way I like to work. Long may it do so.
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n
Old 11-07-2016, 06:59 AM

HD8 rocked, to be totally honest. As did 9, and 10. I still use every one of those versions on several rigs here at the studio. However, HD12 has some really important features that I now rely upon, so as a mixing and processing tool it's invaluable. But, I still use HD10 in our main tracking room as well as for editing as it's far superior and seemingly crash proof. Use whatever tool works best for you, I say.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:12 AM

I'm satisfied as well.

Even though I'm still on 12.4 mainly for financial reasons, it's functioning flawlessly for me and I'm very pleased.
Video Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M-1024 MB, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo
Midi I/O: Arturia, (The Laboratory 49), V-Collection 3 & 4, Beta Tester for V-5 & Analog Lab 2.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:27 AM

Good for you. If you have found something that works for you, that's terrific.

As for me, I've moved on to other tools that work better for me, and no, I don't love Pro Tools. Plus I really do have a problem with Avid as a company. So I don't share your enthusiasm, but in the end whatever tool works for you is the best one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismeraz View Post
I love Pro Tools. I see an awful lot of bitching going on around here, so I just wanted to share something positive, even though I'm usually a pretty pessimistic guy myself.

I can't believe how easy it is to make music these days!

The things I can do with my computer now are amazing. Yes, we have to put a lot of work into getting our rigs properly set up and working out the glitches, but once that's done, recording music is like magic... it just happens at the push of a button! Playlists are awesome. Edits are lightning-fast. Do you realize how incredible it is that we can SEE the waveforms of our music? And now that I've finally memorized some keyboard shortcuts, I feel like I'm flying every time I sit in that seat. I just love it.

I've previously used PT 6, 7, and 8. By the way, 12.4 feels like a hundred-fold improvement for me over 8, so BIG THANKS to Avid for all that hard work!

Chime in if you have anything positive to say (I doubt many people will)!
Old 11-07-2016, 11:41 AM

I remember having a jazz improv. Class in high school, early eighties.One day the instructor told us about a system that could edit the music. He was saying if there was a wrong note it could just be deleted with a computer. We were all beyond amazed then and still am today. I think that of all the people that have ever lived in the history of the world, we have it the best and easiest by far.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:51 AM

@ chrismeraz

Nice to read your post

I also love to work with PT, but there have been a couple of issues along the way ...
But I am still here, and I have no plan on switching to another DAW.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Yup. And much cheaper than it used to be. Incredible tools we have.