Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-22-2021, 10:47 AM

Default Cannot update password for Avid Pro Audio Community???

Hello Everyone,

I've had this same problem now for almost a year and I thought it was time I said something. MANY months ago, I updated my password by clicking the "Forgot your password" link and this website's server sent me some random password which I used to access my account. Once inside, I went to the reset password page and typed in my new password. After entering the new password, I immediately get a message saying: "Password successfully updated!"

To make certain things were okay. I logged out and tried to log back in using my new password. The server rejects my new password and tells me I have only 4 out of 5 attempts remaining to retry entering a password until I'm locked out of my account. I try a second time and again, it rejects the new password. When I got back to the email I received from Avid and copy and paste in the random password, it immediately accepts that, (as if I never updated it) and allows me to access my account.

Repeatedly, no matter how many times I attempt to update my password from the random password sent to me from the Avid server, it always gets rejected and it seems to only want to accept the random password sent to me (which I can never remember.) I really hate it when this crappy sh*t doesn't work!!! Today, I tried to update my password again and again, this stupid server does the same crap. Can anyone else tell me if they are having the same experience and/or how to fix this stupid situation?

Thanks in advance for any help you might offer.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Cannot update password for Avid Pro Audio Community???

Hi friend sorry to hear that, we're gonna get you help !

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk