Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 07-30-2013, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Minimize Additional Latency noise

No I don't think so - I would however make sure the software is up to date and qual'd for PT11

I never used that button till once and did some vocals and in the mix I heard pops and clicks that were on the actual audio track - never check it since

I don't know at this point - I assumed the easiest fix - doesn't sound like its easy

Why not leave it at 64? Or 128 I don't think most systems sound fine at that sample rate
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
No I don't think so - I would however make sure the software is up to date and qual'd for PT11

I never used that button till once and did some vocals and in the mix I heard pops and clicks that were on the actual audio track - never check it since

I don't know at this point - I assumed the easiest fix - doesn't sound like its easy

Why not leave it at 64? Or 128 I don't think most systems sound fine at that sample rate
Yeah I just updated my Duet 2 firmware and software and the problem still exists.

I was just hoping I could get low latency at higher buffer settings like I can in Logic Pro with their "low latency button". I will take your advice and use the 64 and 128 settings when recording. Thanks for your help!

J
Old 07-30-2013, 09:58 PM

Yeah that's the best I've got - sorry hopefully someone can chime in and point u in the right direction
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Yeah that's the best I've got - sorry hopefully someone can chime in and point u in the right direction
I appreciate your help! Hopefully I will find a solution soon. I am thinking that not too many people have actually checked this "Minimize Additional Latancy" box.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:39 AM

I realize this is an ancient thread but just in case anyone else stumbles across it like I did, this is what the manual has to say:

The Host Engine options in the Playback Engine determine error reporting during playback and recording. This is especially useful when working with instrument plug-ins.

On Pro Tools|HD systems, there is a single Host Engine option. On host-based Pro Tools systems, there are two Host Engine options.

• Enable error suppression only if you are experiencing frequent errors that are interrupting your creative workflow. When error suppression is enabled, you can experience a degradation of audio quality. However, this may be
acceptable in order to avoid interrupting playback and recording when working with instrument plug-ins.

• Disable error suppression when you need to ensure the highest possible audio quality, such as for a final mix.