Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2011, 09:23 AM

Default when i hit stop, display jumps to where i stopped

I like to zoom in close to where i want to do a slice or have a closer look at the audio... now, if i hit play while zoomed in on the area, my window stays exactly where i had been zoomed into... When i hit space again to stop, my whole display jumps to where i had stopped playback. I hit play again and its still starting from the same starting point but i'm stuck viewing where i had previously stopped, and the only way to get back to see my audio at the startpoint is to do a very quick stop/start to get my window to again dispay this general area (but it won't be lined up the way it was when i first zoomed in to have a look)

is there a button or something i need to disable/enable to get this behavior to stop? i can see how in some situations the current behaviour could be usefull (like when an artist is looking for errors in their performance and tells you to stop and check a certain line) But when i am trying to make and check edits i find it VERY counter productive and rather annoying...

Anyone have a tip or workaround?
Old 11-05-2011, 09:32 AM

Default Re: when i hit stop, display jumps to where i stopped

toggle timeline insertion follows playback

(crtl-n, or just n)
SIIG FireWire Express Card
Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Pro Tools 8.0.4 LE
Digi003 Rack || PreSonus D8 || ART MPA Gold || ART PRO VLA II || Ensoniq DP/2
M-Audio Axiom 49 || Behringer BCF2000
Yamaha HS50Ms

Bands: Captain Starr || stereoINs
Drums: 1 || 2 || 3
Guitars: 1 || 2 || 3
Old 11-05-2011, 09:54 AM

Default Re: when i hit stop, display jumps to where i stopped

thanks for the quick reply, but thats not quite it... That makes the situation even worse actually because i then loose my starting place. Enabling (N), playback then begins exactly where i stopped, intead of returing to the spot i was trying to work with.... And the display still jumps