Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2015, 05:54 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12 Midi Track Volume Not Controlling Plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
A very big +1 from me on this.

That's why I've said in other threads that I believe Avid's use of Ideascale to be a flawed process and concept.

It's all very well to have it as a place to log ideas, except the majority of users don't even know it exists! People tend only to go there when prompted by something in a thread that they read here, and only a proportion of those reading a thread here with a link to an Ideascale entry make the effort to click on that link.

To have it as a place to log bugs, given the very limited exposure to Ideascale among Pro Tools users is just odd, and risks prioritisation being unduly distorted.

Once a bug is confirmed, proving that the software is not functioning as intended, that should mean it 100% will get fixed. There is no excuse not to.

So far as prioritsation is concerned, I would prefer Avid to use its knowledge of what the scope and impact of the bug is to wllow it to rank its priority.

By all means Avid, publish a prioritised list of bugs, but allow comment here among users to help you tweak the position of bugs in that list, rather than an obscure voting system that is no more robust.

Especially as there is virtually no evidence to date that voting numbers have had an impact, positive or negative, on the priority given to new ideas or bug fixes.
+1!
Mac Pro 2x2.8 ghz Intel Zeon, 20 gig ram, Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools 10,11,12.7.1, Logic Pro X 10.2, UA Apollo 16 quad, UA Octo Pcies, Dangerous Music 2 Bus, Antelope Audio Satori, Lynx Studio Hilo, Neve 542, Neve 511, API 505 DI, Bettermaker CV502. Avid Artist Mix, Avid Artist Control, Softube Console 1 mk11.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:31 AM

+1

I use a significant number of hardware modules, not sending cc07 is extremely annoying...
Old 11-04-2015, 12:30 PM

I was wondering why I was having this problem with PT12 and VePro. I rarely use PT for midi, since it still struggles with VI's in comparison to other DAW's I have.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:59 PM

+1 No volume midi here. CC7, as it should be. I thought there was something wrong with vienna pro. Thank you for a future fix, Avid.

MP 2019 28 core, 384gb 8T
Old 11-10-2015, 12:49 PM

Is the problem solved with 12.3 ??
Wondering if switching to Logic wouldn't be the best solution..
Old 11-10-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juh View Post
Is the problem solved with 12.3 ??

Wondering if switching to Logic wouldn't be the best solution..

Logic for programming always! Pro Tools for audio/mixing always!
Mac Pro 2x2.8 ghz Intel Zeon, 20 gig ram, Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools 10,11,12.7.1, Logic Pro X 10.2, UA Apollo 16 quad, UA Octo Pcies, Dangerous Music 2 Bus, Antelope Audio Satori, Lynx Studio Hilo, Neve 542, Neve 511, API 505 DI, Bettermaker CV502. Avid Artist Mix, Avid Artist Control, Softube Console 1 mk11.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:54 AM

Hello, it's my first post here

I've upgraded my PTHD 10 to PTHD12 a few days ago and really like the new features on PTHD 12, but unfortunately the PTHD 12 is totally unusable for me because of the MIDI bug in discussion.

I mix on an SSL AWS console together with an SSL Sigma, the Sigma is controlled by PT using midi faders which are controlled by the AWS console faders, so the Sigma is an extension of the AWS in my rig.. It has worked perfectly in PTHD 10, but after installing PTHD 12 it doesn't work anymore, I've spent hours trying to realize if something is wrong with my MIDI setup but everything seems to be fine.

I can't change the Sigma volumes at all while PTHD 12 isn't playing. And while playing the volume change only take place when I take my finger off the AWS fader which make my system unusable for dynamic mixing and I can only use it on unity gain as a summing box but that's not my workflow.

I'd like to know if these are MIDI bugs or Avid has decided to change the MIDI workflow ? If it's a bug does Avid has an estimation when it will be fixed ?
If it's not a bug and Avid has decided to change PT midi protocol I think it would be fair to let the users know about it before they upgrade because for some users like me MIDI volume behavior is an essential thing of their mixing rig..

It would help to know when if at all it will be solved because I've just spent 599$ on upgrading my system and I'd like to degrade back to PTHD 10 and get money refund because the present is PTHD 10 because of projects backward compatibility, and the future will have to be something else
Old 11-15-2015, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Serious MIDI bug in PTHD 12 ??

I would pester Avid support about this...since that is what you payed for in your upgrade/support plan

iMac27 i9 3.6 (late 2019) / 64 GB Ram / OS 10.15.7
Apollo 8 / PT Ultimate 2020.9.1
Old 11-15-2015, 07:50 PM

Not sure if this is any help, but be aware that PT resets all the MIDI setups and preferences to their defaults when you install a new version. So if you had to alter some preferences or peripherals to set up proper control of the Sigma, you will have to do these things again.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:45 PM

Hi
……And while playing the MIDI volume change only take place when I take my finger off the AWS fader which make my system unusable for dynamic mixing and I can only use it on unity gain as a passive summing box but that doesn't fit my workflow. …………

This also true for any other MIDI instrument (outboard and VI)
This MIDI bug is since PT12 and I hoped for 12.3
But AVID was busy implementing new features (which I love) but I rather prefer basic relyability and functionality.
MIDI track faders became useless …… absolutely ridiculous (I already pointed out in various other threads)
AVID should fix this very basic MIDI bug immediately !!
sincerely
Walter