Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2015, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Hardware firmware support plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
Avid,
I have upgraded my systems to HDX.
Had this planned as well for 2015 along with a new controller.

Postponed until all this unneeded support plan nonsense starts making any (long term) sense...
Old 03-12-2015, 10:12 AM

All I hear is Blah Blah Blah Blah

Quit Bitching, Avid has to do what they have to do to stay alive and or even grow and prosper... To do so they need to make changes cause whatever they have been doing has not been working on a Global basis.

A hardware support plan is only needed if you want the upgrades, not bug fixes that will come w you simply purchasing it... So do you need a support plan? No. Could it be beneficial? Possibly if they add a new feature to say.. a control surface, that is sought after... Do you have to be on a support plan? No Will your gear stop working? No (unless it breaks)

So stop bitching about them trying to get their poopy together and wait to complain until you have AND understand all the facts AND options AND what you NEED versus what you CAN HAVE.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:11 PM

I believe this is actually a healthy part of customer feedback that will ultimately, I hope, lead to more refined and palatable choices.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:59 PM

Blah Blah Blah
Old 03-13-2015, 12:41 AM

Where did all this blah blah start? Here? Or at Avid HQ?
Luckily this forum seems to reveal some unwanted side-effects of recent developments.
Also some future consequences not very noticable in the PT12/support plan marketing campaign.

If you find this annoying, just stop reading along.

Instead you can already fill in a form to pay your support plan to let the company grow and prosper.
There are some more companies around that may need your generous help

Last edited by paul007; 03-13-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthurley View Post
So stop bitching about them trying to get their poopy together and wait to complain until you have AND understand all the facts AND options AND what you NEED versus what you CAN HAVE.

Perhaps, to some who may have to earn an income on projects and contracts that are due by the end of the year that are dependent on AVID's ultimate decision it's vitally important to have that decision now rather than later. I have 5 albums to complete by years end and am already in the writing and pre-production stages on the first 2. Before I start the projects I'd like to know if I'm going to be able to live with the decision AVID is trying to make. Because I don't want to switch horses in mid-stream and deal with new platforms, daw's, hardware, interfaces, software, and 'known issues'. If the decision is something I feel I don't want to live with, I'm going to need time to 're-tool'.

I guess if I was just sitting around rolling snotballs between my fingers I could wait comfortably, but I have commitments.

Hope that isn't too blah blah blah for you.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
Perhaps, to some who may have to earn an income on projects and contracts that are due by the end of the year that are dependent on AVID's ultimate decision it's vitally important to have that decision now rather than later. I have 5 albums to complete by years end and am already in the writing and pre-production stages on the first 2. Before I start the projects I'd like to know if I'm going to be able to live with the decision AVID is trying to make...
I fail to see how finishing that work in your existing versions of Pro Tools is a serious problem no matter what Avid does.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthurley View Post
Blah Blah Blah

Charming. Again no moderators to be seen!
Old 03-13-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbass View Post
Charming. Again no moderators to be seen!
It's in the process...

Wave-T.com
Old 03-13-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
I fail to see how finishing that work in your existing versions of Pro Tools is a serious problem no matter what Avid does.
Bob, the last sentence, the one you didn't quote explains where I feel my position is on the matter. I said ( in a few other posts in a few other threads - paraphrasing), if I choose not to maintain a support plan based on what AVID plans to do with my hardware and HD software, I want to divest and recoup some of my loss. The sooner I have the information to make that decision, the better off I'll be regarding that issue along with the time required to "re-tool" with a different system.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.