Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Disappearing I/O Set Up Files

The other day my custom I/O set-up file just disappeared. Has anyone else had this happen to them ?

I think it may have happened when I re-installed PT. Doesn't PT save your I/O set up files when you re-install it ?
Old 02-04-2007, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Disappearing I/O Set Up Files

Quote:
I think it may have happened when I re-installed PT. Doesn't PT save your I/O set up files when you re-install it ?
Hi,

I think if you load an old session it will load the i/o setup that was used then? and then save it from the i/o menu! there's an option when loading a new session to use "last used" i/o setting
or something like that! anyway i'm sure you can load a previous sesson and keep the i/o setup then save it again.

No PT doesn't back-up your files for you! you have to do it yourself!

keep a back-up of all your digidesign folder? the one in applications and the one in applications support! these 2 folders house almost everything to do with PT.

I often used to lose my midi patchnames and my i/o settings etc.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Disappearing I/O Set Up Files

Hi Chris,

I do know about the "use last IO" option and I can export my IO from a previous session. But sometimes I make small alterations to my IO as I go. You know re-naming Busses for my favorite reverb of the month... stuff like that. So each session might have a slightly different IO. I was just wondering why my saved IO file just disappeared.

Thanks for the advise I'll keep a copy of my Digi folders from now on.